Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did really well today! I had my mock for English Literature and I answered all the questions, even the ones I haven't studied. My school must be really bad if they only taught us about Jekyll and Hyde and Macbeth. I did all the other ones like Gnomeo and Juliet And a Muppets Christmas Carol

ReputationRep:
    damnnn what a fool

ReputationRep:
    The only way to know if you did really well or not is to get the results. Just wait for the results.

ReputationRep:
    You are a good damn Fool How old are you???

ReputationRep:
    Did your teacher tell you what to do, because I very much doubt it, please tell me you did do Macbeth and Dr Jekyll

ReputationRep:
    ghm,s,ussuil.suls8dul

ReputationRep:
    Well...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshua-price)
    i did really well today! I had my mock for english literature and i answered all the questions, even the ones i haven't studied. My school must be really bad if they only taught us about jekyll and hyde and macbeth. I did all the other ones like gnomeo and juliet and a muppets christmas carol
    love yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <3

ReputationRep:
    Please don't write about all the texts in the actual GCSE paper. When Sets 1 & 2 were entered for English Literature: Unit 1 in January 2017 (as only the top sets do Lit at my school), most kids in Set 2 made the really stupid mistake of answering the extract questions for all the texts examined in the paper (from memory, I think there were about five). I don't know how on earth they thought they could answer them all in two hours or what was going through their heads for them to think they had to answer all the questions as the teachers made it perfectly clear to only answer questions on our set tests...and it also seems like common sense that an exam board wouldn't expect you to answer 10 questions (2 for each text) in a 2 hour period. A guy in my class also didn't check the back of the exam paper (where the essay question was) and therefore chucked 20 marks away unnecessarily. Needless to say that the kids who answered all the extract questions struggled to finish the paper and mostly got below C grades. Only one of them was allowed to carry on with the Literature course (obvs they had to re-sit Unit 1). What started out as about 60 kids sitting the course soon became about 30 after that exam.

Apologies for going off on a tangent but I think this school anecdote is an important reminder for you not to do the same thing in your actual GCSE paper. Don't act smart and attempt questions on all the texts...just do the questions you're supposed to.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your kindness

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.