Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University of Manchester vs University of Glasgow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a conditional offer from manchester for the MA Human Rights- Law/Political Science and another conditional offer from glasgow for the MSc Human Rights and International Politics program. I am asking about this since I'm an international students and the rankings I could find are quite confusing (subject ranking: glasgow has a higher ranking in the UK but manchester has a higher world ranking; overall ranking: manchester 34 vs glasgow 65).
    Which uni would you choose to go for this political science/IR/law related degree?
    Many thanks x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mni96)
    I have been offered a conditional offer from manchester for the MA Human Rights- Law/Political Science and another conditional offer from glasgow for the MSc Human Rights and International Politics program. I am asking about this since I'm an international students and the rankings I could find are quite confusing (subject ranking: glasgow has a higher ranking in the UK but manchester has a higher world ranking; overall ranking: manchester 34 vs glasgow 65).
    Which uni would you choose to go for this political science/IR/law related degree?
    Many thanks x
    Rankings don't mean much. How do the courses compare, where do grads end up and what links does each course have with industry?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mni96)
    Many thanks x
    Don't spend too much time looking at the ranking, I would say. The course contents, statements from alumni, and responses from current students provide a better insight about future opportunities than rankings do, I would say from experience. Besides, both are top universities, globally known. And I am an international student, so I understand- you want to be getting proper value for money. Do these evaluations and make your choice. (It appears that they are conditional- ensure that they become unconditional before the deadline that you were given.)

All the very best!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the replies. I fully understand that it’s important to look after what the graduates have said and the career prospects. The problem I’m facing right now is that there are not so much information regarding master degree in Human Rights MA/MSc, and as an international student myself, it is very difficult to find someone who has graduated/ currently studying in this program for more information:/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.