BPBPBPBP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Trying to define aggression (in the realm of both humans and animals). Really hard (probably not successfully done by anyone yet). After coming up with increasingly complex long attempts, simple and short possibly seems more likely to succeed (possibly).

Any thoughts on?:

An interaction which has a negative effect on someone or something above a certain threshold of severity.

One possible small modification to that:

An interaction which has a negative (minus any possitive) effect on someone or something above a certain threshold of severity.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe;
A physiological arousal and behavioural change which can lead to hostile consequences.

Although, aggression isn't always a bad behaviour.
BPBPBPBP
Rep:
?
Hmm, not sure, dunno

"Although, aggression isn't always a bad behaviour" – that's an interesting point, hadn't considered that. Bit of a "curve ball" as they say I reckon. What specific kind of examples did you have in mind for that?

Great, thanks for that.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BPBPBPBP)
Hmm, not sure, dunno

"Although, aggression isn't always a bad behaviour" – that's an interesting point, hadn't considered that. Bit of a "curve ball" as they say I reckon. What specific kind of examples did you have in mind for that?

Great, thanks for that.
Protection? Fight flight.
BPBPBPBP
Rep:
?
Right, yup, not such a curve ball at all then, wasn't thinking straight there. Counter, a response to, incoming aggression. Yup, thanks.
90'S
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi if anyone is interested dm me your number ill add you on the psychology whatsapp group!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.27%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.24%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.95%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (36)
30.77%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
17.95%

Watched Threads