Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm from EU, I'm currently living in England and I would like to apply for Access to higher education course. When I receive a letter from the college that I have a place there, can I apply for the Advanced learner loan as a family member of a migrant worker even if I can't declare whole 3 years of residency in UK? I would like to apply just for the tuition loan not for a maintenance loan.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by martinatav)
    Hi,
    I'm from EU, I'm currently living in England and I would like to apply for Access to higher education course. When I receive a letter from the college that I have a place there, can I apply for the Advanced learner loan as a family member of a migrant worker even if I can't declare whole 3 years of residency in UK? I would like to apply just for the tuition loan not for a maintenance loan.
    Hi martinatav,

Advanced Learner Loans are repayable, non means tested (not based on the household income) fee loans for all eligible persons aged 19 or over, who wish to undertake courses at Level 3 or above at a College or Training Organisation in England.

As it is a fee loan that is provided, EU nationals need to have lived in the EEA/Switzerland for the three or more years before the start of the course to be eligible for support, so you do not need apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker to be eligible.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.