Exchange program Watch

annathepumpkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey all,

At my school, I had a teacher who claimed to have graduated from Cambridge. It was known later that he was an exchange student there, and where he actually got his Bachelor's degree was somewhere else.

So here's the question: the institution where you have studied for your exchange program does actually mean anything? I mean, sure it really would be a chance for yourself to study at possibly a more prestigious school and experience foreign life. But would the others - especially the employers - even consider which school you did your study abroad program for a semester or two?

I'm kinda in a dilemma now cos I got accepted to Bocconi and UCL and found out that Bocconi offers exchange programs to top American schools like Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, UPenn and Princeton - those schools I couldn't apply cos I have no way to afford the tuition fees as an international student. And Bocconi is offering me full scholarships with free housing. I guess for exchange program I'll need to pay, but one year in those schools wouldn't be much of a burden regarding my financial status.
annathepumpkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
And why the hell was this posted in relationships forum? Lol, and I can't even find the delete button.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (748)
90.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (78)
9.44%

Watched Threads