The Student Room Group

Significance of exchange program?

Hey all,

At my school, I had a teacher who claimed to have graduated from Cambridge. It was known later that he was an exchange student there, and where he actually got his Bachelor's degree was somewhere else.

So here's the question: the institution where you have studied for your exchange program does actually mean anything? I mean, sure it really would be a chance for yourself to study at possibly a more prestigious school and experience foreign life. But would the others - especially the employers - even consider which school you did your study abroad program for a semester or two?

I'm kinda in a dilemma now cos I got accepted to Bocconi and UCL and found out that Bocconi offers exchange programs to top American schools like Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, UPenn and Princeton - those schools I couldn't apply cos I have no way to afford the tuition fees as an international student. And Bocconi is offering me full scholarships with free housing. I guess for exchange program I'll need to pay, but one year in those schools wouldn't be much of a burden regarding my financial status.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending