I make over 100kGBP at 25. AMA

Watch this thread
7inchman
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I make ~115kGBP at 25, and have made good money for 1.5+ years.
Got 3 Cs at A-Level. An E at AS level
Went to a very average uni; albeit I did do very well. Graduated in 2014.
No grad scheme
I didn't start my own business. This was all done doing standard 9-5 sort of stuff
I'm not in investment banking or finance; although it's something that I might take up
A fair bit of job hopping, including between different countries
Pretty easy jobs, usually a 37.5 hour week
Made mistakes; hence why I want to offer advice as I think more money can be made at a younger age.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 7inchman)
No grad scheme
I didn't start my own business. This was all done doing standard 9-5 sort of stuff
I'm not in investment banking or finance; although it's something that I might take up
Made mistakes; hence why I want to offer advice as I think more money can be made at a younger age.
What mistakes did you make?
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by UWS)
What mistakes did you make?
The main one is regarding my first graduate job. A few months in, I realized it was not teaching me anything. Yet I still stayed there for a whole year, mostly because I thought it was the "thing to do", and that staying there under a year would look bad on my CV. I ended up staying at my next job for over 2 years and learnt a ton of stuff. So my advice to grads is that if you realize you are in the wrong job, then leave. Doesn't matter if it's 2 weeks in, or 2 months in.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
7 inches?
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
When did you lose your virginity?
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Why did you get an E at AS?
7inchman
Rep:
1.Yes.
2. 20.
3. Don't remember, just that it was in Economics
username3440160
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No grad scheme
Wait so what’s ur actual job?
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
1.Yes.
2. 20.
3. Don't remember, but it was in Economics
Why did you join the student room as a 25 year old graduate?
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
are you 7 inches tall ?

:holmes:
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by SherlockD)
Wait so what’s ur actual job?
Software developer. No specific domain.
username3440160
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Why did you join the student room as a 25 year old graduate?
Looool trust me. I’m sure he could go into schools and do some motivational talks with that sort of money in his pockets
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by the bear)
are you 7 inches tall ?

Yeah I'm 7 inches "tall"
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
how did being banned affect you ?

w95894
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What subject did you study at university?
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by the bear)
how did being banned affect you ?

Annoyed as I liked going on this forum. I created more accounts but they kept getting banned even if I did nothing wrong.
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by w95894)
What subject did you study at university?
Computer Science
Maivnek
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No grad scheme
Where do you work? Country? Company (unless classified)?
7inchman
Rep:
(Original post by Maivnek)
Where do you work? Country? Company (unless classified)?
I've started doing contracts, presently I work in Queensland, Australia. I used to work in NZ and am probably doing my next job there. I can't narrow it down to company sorry. I've never worked for a big company though; so I think the idea that to make good money you have to be at a big bank or something isn't correct. It just helps.
Vertigo_descent
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Was it through contracting? That's a pretty good means of making money and controlling where it goes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.48%
Not yet, but I will soon (56)
17.39%
No (126)
39.13%

Watched Threads