The Student Room Group

Taken men

Nearly all of my relationships have been with married/taken men. I don’t go actively seeking out for taken people however when I do find out they are taken it doesn’t seem to be a factor that’s strong enough to stop me.

I don’t ever feel guilty either and I don’t know why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How many relationships have you had?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
How many relationships have you had?

4 now
Reply 3
Original post by Tina95xo
4 now

Maybe you feed off being in a relationship with someone who is already taken. Expect this number to climb if you continue this way.
Reply 4
How would you feel if someone cheated on you?
Reply 5
Nearly all of my relationships have been with married/taken men. I don’t go actively seeking out for taken people however when I do find out they are taken it doesn’t seem to be a factor that’s strong enough to stop me.

You need to learn to be more empathetic. It’s not a very good trait if you can go around actively doing this and show no remorse. Try and be more sensitive to others feelings and those around you - realistically you probably won’t acquire this trait until something happens to you in life that knocks you for six and makes you realise you need to become a better person and be more understanding, traits like lacking care or remorse won’t aid you in the work place or in making future friends.
Reply 6
Original post by Lily048
You need to learn to be more empathetic. It’s not a very good trait if you can go around actively doing this and show no remorse. Try and be more sensitive to others feelings and those around you - realistically you probably won’t acquire this trait until something happens to you in life that knocks you for six and makes you realise you need to become a better person and be more understanding, traits like lacking care or remorse won’t aid you in the work place or in making future friends.

I don’t have any problems with making friends or keeping friends. I’m a very sociable person and all that is quite easy for me.
Reply 7
I don’t have any problems with making friends or keeping friends. I’m a very sociable person and all that is quite easy for me.

Well they can’t be good friends if they support what you are doing. It’ll only end in disaster for you my friend so I would start with careful and learn to be more sensitive to those around you.
You'll learn your lesson when you get cheated on yourself. Not if, when.

Have you been cheated on yourself?
Why would you want to engage in behaviour that hurts other people?
Do any of them have children?

Hmm.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/psychopathy

Psychopathy is among the most difficult disorders to spot. The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, he lacks conscience and empathy, making him manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.
Cheating is 100% to blame on the cheater, not the person they cheat with. The girlfriend and the ‘mistress’ are both getting messed about, as the cheat will never choose just one of them. It’s easy to listen to a guys stories about how evil his girlfriend is, how she’s ruining his life and you’re the only thing that makes him happy. Its easy to see her as the bad one, who he’s only with until the lease is out/they finish uni/ they go to that family wedding/ the kid is old enough to understand and then you can be together. She becomes the wicked witch and you’re the princess in the tower he sneaks off to see at night. You don’t always see that she’s actually the queen and he’s feeding both of you lies.

Morally, dating someone in a relationship is wrong. That doesn’t make you a bad person, it just means that you need to think about why you’re only someones secret side piece and not their girlfriend. The fault isn’t with you, it’s scummy people who want to have their cake and eat it too. Find someone who only needs you. :yep:
The girl has no commitment to the girlfriend. The girl isn’t cheating on anyone, she hasn’t broken any promises by sleeping with a taken man. It is his choice to put his d*ck in someone else, his broken promise and his fault for cheating. Who he cheated with, how many girls he cheated with, doesn’t matter because the girl(s) aren’t breaking anything. It’s morally wrong but the act of cheating and demise of a relationship isn’t their fault.

It is a much easier way to deal with being cheated on though, pretending there’s some evil seductress who tainted a loving boyfriend who is so sorry and promised not to do it again (with his fingers crossed behind his back).
Original post by cat_mac
The girl has no commitment to the girlfriend. The girl isn’t cheating on anyone, she hasn’t broken any promises by sleeping with a taken man. It is his choice to put his d*ck in someone else, his broken promise and his fault for cheating. Who he cheated with, how many girls he cheated with, doesn’t matter because the girl(s) aren’t breaking anything. It’s morally wrong but the act of cheating and demise of a relationship isn’t their fault.

It is a much easier way to deal with being cheated on though, pretending there’s some evil seductress who tainted a loving boyfriend who is so sorry and promised not to do it again (with his fingers crossed behind his back).

I... Actually agree with this to a large extent. The cheater is by far to blame rather than the girlfriend. While the girlfriend might be cheating, she isn't being treacherous. The girl on the side who knows is just bad rather than the guy.
Reply 14

Oh so now I’m psychopath? Lol I think a bit of a exaggeration
I agree that the person who is in a relationship and cheating is the most to blame, but still, what you're doing is wrong. I would feel guilty and bad for the man's family, plus I'm sure you wouldn't like it to happen to you.
Reply 16
I don’t know how to work that out. How do you make yourself care about something you don’t naturally care about ?
Reply 17
Original post by DrawTheLine
You'll learn your lesson when you get cheated on yourself. Not if, when.

And whys that a certain ‘when’
I've never known a girl named Tina that wasn't a total hooer.
And whys that a certain ‘when’

It's a sign of an inability to commit. Fairly common. You'll probably have at least one divorce and a lonely old age. Nothing you can do about it, so go with the flow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending