Turn on thread page Beta

I've been feeling quite different recently, ever since I met this person. I remember a time when I used to obsess and worry about how my relationship was going with a girl, and this concern wouldn't ever stop, meaning that I didn't enjoy any relationship too much. I feel that something inside of me has disappeared recently, and I am emotionally careless now but my advice to others has been very beneficial for their own romantic endeavours. Is it a part of puberty where by you just lose your sense of care for what people say to you, and how they act, because recently, I met a girl and I have just not worried about it at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been feeling quite different recently, ever since I met this person. I remember a time when I used to obsess and worry about how my relationship was going with a girl, and this concern wouldn't ever stop, meaning that I didn't enjoy any relationship too much. I feel that something inside of me has disappeared recently, and I am emotionally careless now but my advice to others has been very beneficial for their own romantic endeavours. Is it a part of puberty where by you just lose your sense of care for what people say to you, and how they act, because recently, I met a girl and I have just not worried about it at all?
    I am going to be direct and I don't want to hurt you intentionally.Whatever I said is maybe a possibility.Please forgive me if you are hurt with something I said.
    This does happen and I am sure its nothing to worry about.My best friend went through the same phase in her sixteens.She stopped caring about her relationships and thought she was doomed forever.But now, She is alive,ecstatic with a year old relationship.I think what you are missing in the relationship area is the feelings.Maybe you have not met with your "someone".All you need to do is take a deep breathe.Be patient and wait for that special someone.
    One more thing you need to make sure about is sexuality.Are you sure you are not interested in the other gender.If you do its completely okay and nothing to fear about.
    Or I guess maybe it's just a phase.And I am sure you will recover.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.