Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any experience as a JLR apprentice or has been accepted into the 2018 intake? Just looking for abit of in sight on what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricey.)
    Does anyone have any experience as a JLR apprentice or has been accepted into the 2018 intake? Just looking for abit of in sight on what to expect
    I've been accepted onto the intake at Halewood. Very excited to start . I'm also trying to find some in sight on what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singularity1)
    I've been accepted onto the intake at Halewood. Very excited to start . I'm also trying to find some in sight on what to expect.
    Congratulations, is it for the advanced? If so did you choose tool making or maintenance?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, is it for the advanced? If so did you choose tool making or maintenance?
    Yep, for the advanced apprenticeship. I chose maintenance. Congratulations to you too

ReputationRep:
    Yep, for the advanced apprenticeship. I chose maintenance. Congratulations to you too
    Looks like we'll be on the same course then, ill try an answer anything I know about if you wanna ask?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll be on the same course then, ill try an answer anything I know about if you wanna ask?
    I know its kinda wrong to ask this. But do you know anything about the days off? its just that my family have booked a big holiday during my birthday and am wondering if its going to be an issue as i am off for almost an entire week of college (Monday to Thursday).

ReputationRep:
    I know its kinda wrong to ask this. But do you know anything about the days off? its just that my family have booked a big holiday during my birthday and am wondering if its going to be an issue as i am off for almost an entire week of college (Monday to Thursday).
    As far as I'm aware we get accumulative holiday hours so as long as you give them enough notice, and you're working up to the standard they want I don't see a problem, might have to sort something about catching up on work though

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware we get accumulative holiday hours so as long as you give them enough notice, and you're working up to the standard they want I don't see a problem, might have to sort something about catching up on work though
    Ah good. 36-45 hours is probably gonna be a large chunk but i'm not too bothered. As long as the college and Jaguar are happy i'm good.

ReputationRep:
    Ah good. 36-45 hours is probably gonna be a large chunk but i'm not too bothered. As long as the college and Jaguar are happy i'm good.
    We've got a 37.5 hour working week, holidays should be based on day not hour and JLR are apparently quite generous with holidays, I'm sure that once the course is settled in you could sort it with the college tutors and work, only other thing I could suggest is email your contact on the written offer thing you had to sign and let them know?

ReputationRep:
    We've got a 37.5 hour working week, holidays should be based on day not hour and JLR are apparently quite generous with holidays, I'm sure that once the course is settled in you could sort it with the college tutors and work, only other thing I could suggest is email your contact on the written offer thing you had to sign and let them know?
    ah great. ill probably leave it until a bit later in the year to tell them about my holiday. if in doubt i can always ring them or email them. thanks for the advice and info.

ReputationRep:
    ah great. ill probably leave it until a bit later in the year to tell them about my holiday. if in doubt i can always ring them or email them. thanks for the advice and info.
    No worries, if anything else comes up feel free to ask an I'll see what I can do, I'm assuming we should get access to our starter forms and such soon too. Good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    No worries, if anything else comes up feel free to ask an I'll see what I can do, I'm assuming we should get access to our starter forms and such soon too. Good luck mate
    Will do mate. Good luck to you too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.