Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offfer to study chemistry at Edinburgh, and I am going to the offer in April but I know that I won't get any informative feedback on what it's really like studying at Edinburgh since the students won't nessesarily tell the honest truth. Can any student tell me what is it like studying chemistry or science in generally at Edinburgh, please be as honest as you can my future depends on this. Thank you in advance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Memeintern)
    I've received an offfer to study chemistry at Edinburgh, and I am going to the offer in April but I know that I won't get any informative feedback on what it's really like studying at Edinburgh since the students won't nessesarily tell the honest truth. Can any student tell me what is it like studying chemistry or science in generally at Edinburgh, please be as honest as you can my future depends on this. Thank you in advance.
    I'm an Informatics student, but you're going to have to be a bit more specific with your question

ReputationRep:
    What are the lectures like? Do you get any support if you fall behind? Is the teaching good?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Memeintern)
    What are the lectures like? Do you get any support if you fall behind? Is the teaching good?
    Lectures are what you'd expect. The lecturer walks in, starts promptly and powers through the material on the syllabus. Slides are generally put up in advance.

For Informatics/CompSci, there is a tool called Piazza which is an anonymous Q&A system to ask questions on the topic if you're confused. There's also a Peer Assisted Learning scheme (InfPals) if you're stuck. Tutors are also keen to help.

Teaching is generally OK. Flipped Learning is used for the maths courses which isn't really my style - I tend to skip those lectures.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.