ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    I believe we've established that
    Seems i should've refreshed... oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    so you like them 50/60 year olds? 😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    I keep noticing that I am mostly attracted to guys who are a bit older than me (late teens - early 20's). I'm 16.
    Is this a bad thing? I just hope that it won't hold me back in the dating world.
    I am 22 and would usually think someone 16 is young for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddhi eater 69)
    so you like them 50/60 year olds? 😏
    No.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Seems i should've refreshed... oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I should probably have clocked the username from the start as well :lol: I blame it on being Friday, been a long week

Cuz older guys know how to treat girls better

ReputationRep:
    I personally just couldn't see myself being in a relationship with someone who is my age and at the exact same stage of their life. However, at my age, that would make it harder to find a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrXavier)
    I am 22 and would usually think someone 16 is young for me!
    That sort of thing is my concern as I don't feel that most people in their late teens/early 20's won't want to date someone my age. I just don't like the idea of dating someone who is the exact same age as me, and certainly not someone younger!

I fear that all of the odds stacked against me in the dating world. That sucks as I want someone to love me for a change.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely feel that I will never find love. No idea how I will ever be able to get into a relationship. Hopefully the dream guy is out there, and he is a few years older than me.

ReputationRep:
    nah, guys our age tend to be pretty immature. as long as they're not toooo old and like taking advantage of you, it's all perfectly fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow~)
    nah, guys our age tend to be pretty immature. as long as they're not toooo old and like taking advantage of you, it's all perfectly fine
    I would be wary of people of a certain age or personality type. Not usually too hard to identify them. I can't see too many problems with someone around 4 years older.

ReputationRep:
    I keep noticing that I am mostly attracted to guys who are a bit older than me (late teens - early 20's). I'm 16.
    Is this a bad thing? I just hope that it won't hold me back in the dating world.
    I’m 18 (almost 19) and I tend to like guys between 20-23. It’s normal for me, I’ve always been more mature than my age so I tend to find guys the same age tiring and immature. They’re not all like that though, some are more mature than others haha
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can throw all of this out the window now. My dad just said that he doesn't think people should ever be in same-sex relationships.

What's the point if I am not going to be accepted? I already feel like a disappointment to him as a son, and he doesn't even know my sexuality yet.

Fed up with this religious bigotry that I have been force fed all of my life.

ReputationRep:
    I can throw all of this out the window now. My dad just said that he doesn't think people should ever be in same-sex relationships.

What's the point if I am not going to be accepted? I already feel like a disappointment to him as a son, and he doesn't even know my sexuality yet.

Fed up with this religious bigotry that I have been force fed all of my life.
    It's seriously so depressing to feel as if I will not be accepted. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Did your friends have to lock up their dads when you came round :P
    lol their dads were usually ugly so no

ReputationRep:
    Resurrecting this thread. I was on a forum for gay people, and asked this question, as my preference is guys who are 5-8 years older, whereas I am 16.

They say that getting into such relationships would be dangerous and that I should date someone my own age. I'm not attracted to those my own age, nor are they mature enough, so what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Bumping thread.
    They are telling me to date someone of my own age, so what should I do? Quite frankly, I want any boyfriends to be born in the 90's. 2 years older is the youngest that I would go.

ReputationRep:
    Nope normal just make sure no one takes advantage of you liking them and being a fair bit younger.

It’s probably because by the age of 20 they’ve usually matured physically whereas a lot of 15/16 year olds can be a bit childish or gawky as they’re still just teenagers.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Nope normal just make sure no one takes advantage of you liking them and being a fair bit younger.

It’s probably because by the age of 20 they’ve usually matured physically whereas a lot of 15/16 year olds can be a bit childish or gawky as they’re still just teenagers.
    I'm wondering what these people thought was so bad about it.

I'm a gay guy, not a straight girl if that changes anything.
    You should maybe have said this in your OP.

It stands though, what people have said. It's quite normal AFAIK, and there are older gay (or bi) guys who prefer younger. I'm bi myself but haven't been with a guy before - I'd likely be more comfortable with a younger guy than someone my own age.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.