Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *(c) How and why has the UK democratic system been criticised?

(I meant to ask the question above, not the one regarding pressure groups)

So as it's a 25 marker I assumed it would require a for and against, but after looking this question up I've only seen people going hard on the criticisms. For this questions and questions like this is it okay just to criticise or are you supposed to argue the benefits of the system too? On the examiner report all I saw was criticisms, but a mark scheme for AO3 well developed arguments?

Anyone able to advice? Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jakobb74)
    *(c) How and why has the UK democratic system been criticised?

(I meant to ask the question above, not the one regarding pressure groups)

So as it's a 25 marker I assumed it would require a for and against, but after looking this question up I've only seen people going hard on the criticisms. For this questions and questions like this is it okay just to criticise or are you supposed to argue the benefits of the system too? On the examiner report all I saw was criticisms, but a mark scheme for AO3 well developed arguments?

Anyone able to advice? Thanks.
    The operative word is criticised. You can put small counter/contextual arguments in as to whether it is all justified. That would give it some semblance of balance and is all you need.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.