Turn on thread page Beta

Theresa May couldn't answer a question about how she likes to relax with friends. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    If you wanted to sympathise with her focusing on her record as PM might not be a great idea...

This is a semi inappropriate question, it's a bit of a trap bit she leaps straight into said feet first and makes a total hash of it. For anyone, politician or otherwise, it should be very easy to answer the question 'what do you do with your friends / to relax' with non answer that offends nobody and closes of the point. Her failure to answer such a seemingly simple question makes her seem even more odd, robotic and unrelatable, something she already had major problems with.

Anyway, we all know what she actually did on IWD... she had dinner with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia so she could sell a **** tonne more bombs to drop on the women and children of Yemen.
    You can sympathise with a person whilst disagreeing with their views, so I certainly think you can look at her record and still sympathise with the stresses of the job

I think her biggest problem is the seeming lack of personality - she never looks sure of herself, and has a way about her that makes her answers seem awkward and forced. She strikes me as somebody who is brilliant behind the scenes (hence her success), but not charismatic enough for the top job. Cameron wouldn't have looked half as awkward answering the question, but I doubt his hobbies are more riveting.

ReputationRep:
    what a load of meretricious piffle

ReputationRep:
    It’s actually a bit sad; as Home Secretary, I had the idea that she was strong and no-nonsense. Now she’s talking about mansplaining and coming across like a quivering mess
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of this article?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...ef=uk-homepage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    During an interview with ITV, Theresa May was asked how she would spend a night in with the girls on IWD. May was seemingly flustered by the off the cuff question and failed to answer the question.

You can read the full story here and watch the video here.

What do you make of this? Was this an appropriate question? Should she have answered the question? Does it matter?
    She couldn't answer because she doesn't have any friends

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.