Turn on thread page Beta

So a girl who I met in a club and exchanged numbers with sometime ago decided she did not want to see me in that way in the end. Her reason been that I could not give a confident definitive response to what my income would be in five years from now.

Of course I like to think I would do well for myself but cant know for sure and this was not good enough for her but we remained in contact anyway.

Now a month or two on she tells me she has a new business idea I say do tell .
    She says that lots of guys want to talk to her so her business idea is she will charge them for this.

Apparently If I want to talk to her she will now charge me £1 per minute for a phone call or 25p per text.

I was very upset about this as she sees me as such a loser that she thinks it realistic I would pay someone to talk to me.
    However one of my lectures said its just probability she knows most guys will say no, so she casts her net wide and targets any and every guy so I shouldn't take it personally.

Do you think I should be insulted and take it personally or do you think its nothing personal per say?

note I am not talking to this girl anymore and plan to ghost her if she messages me again I do not need to be told not to bother with her now that is obvious.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So a girl who I met in a club and exchanged numbers with sometime ago decided she did not want to see me in that way in the end. Her reason been that I could not give a confident definitive response to what my income would be in five years from now.

Of course I like to think I would do well for myself but cant know for sure and this was not good enough for her but we remained in contact anyway.

She says that lots of guys want to talk to her so her business idea is she will charge them for this.

Apparently If I want to talk to her she will now charge me £1 per minute for a phone call or 25p per text.

I was very upset about this as she sees me as such a loser that she thinks it realistic I would pay someone to talk to me.
    However one of my lectures said its just probability she knows most guys will say no, so she casts her net wide and targets any and every guy so I shouldn't take it personally.

Do you think I should be insulted and take it personally or do you think its nothing personal per say?

note I am not talking to this girl anymore and plan to ghost her if she messages me again I do not need to be told not to bother with her now that is obvious.
    But you kept in contact anyway?
    Not sure why you would be upset. If true, then I would have burst out laughing. Take it personally if you want to and even be outraged if thats the way you swing.

The only other way is its her method of saying she inst interested in speaking to you.

Ps why would you be discussing this with your lecturers? Is he in contact with her as well?

ReputationRep:
    Be careful what you're buying into, she doesn't sound that appealing.

A pound a minute? You could - and definitely should - get a hooker for less
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This is not a new business idea. The ability to pay money to talk to a girl on the phone has existed for years. It's nothing special.

She is unlikely to have even the slightest idea how something like this would be set up.

If she is serious, why are taking it as a personal offence? Move on with your life. If she is not serious, why would you think it's a personal attack?

This entire scenario is laughable and I really have no idea why you'd take it seriously, let alone think it were a personal attack on you. Not to mention a poor one at that.

surely she's not worth your time if she's more bothered about how much you'll be earning.

she doesn't sound much like a friend to me. she seems very shallow from what you've said
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

surely she's not worth your time if she's more bothered about how much you'll be earning.

she doesn't sound much like a friend to me. she seems very shallow from what you've said
    well that was the first strike then i left it she was the one who still wanted to talk to me i was lonely so i thought what harm can it do but had already ruled her out as a potential future gf just someone to talk to.

then she goes quite for a while then she comes out with this.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    But you kept in contact anyway?
    Not sure why you would be upset. If true, then I would have burst out laughing. Take it personally if you want to and even be outraged if thats the way you swing.

The only other way is its her method of saying she inst interested in speaking to you.

Ps why would you be discussing this with your lecturers? Is he in contact with her as well?
    well she is not in contact with my lecturer its a small world so you never know but it would be quite a coincidence and I have no reason to believe she is.
    I just mention to this one particular lecturer when I am upset because he is approachable like that.

anyway I take personal offense in the fact that she seriously thought there was a chance I would be desperate enough to pay her.

ReputationRep:
    Mate how sad can you be?! Grab your balls and wake up.

**** this ***** and move on what you doing even talking to a girl like this? Smfh

ReputationRep:
    I'm

It's very clear that she doesn't like you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

well she is not in contact with my lecturer its a small world so you never know but it would be quite a coincidence and I have no reason to believe she is.
    I just mention to this one particular lecturer when I am upset because he is approachable like that.

anyway I take personal offense in the fact that she seriously thought there was a chance I would be desperate enough to pay her.
    Dont you think you take yourself too seriously?
    Whats the point in all this personal offence nonsense?
    Are you going to challenge her to a duel?
    Just laugh it off and move on for goodness sake.

ReputationRep:
    Pure gold digger

ReputationRep:
    Dont you think you take yourself too seriously?
    Whats the point in all this personal offence nonsense?
    Are you going to challenge her to a duel?
    Just laugh it off and move on for goodness sake.
    I genuinely believe the way society has progressed with feminism has made some men become absolutely pathetic. Letting women walk all over them, staying with them in the hope they will change etc.

What happened to men who don't take any **** from stupid ass women and assert dominance and go? It's so sad to see that some men don't have a sense of respect for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    you should charge her to talk to you

smh
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by trapking)
    I genuinely believe the way society has progressed with feminism has made some men become absolutely pathetic. Letting women walk all over them, staying with them in the hope they will change etc.

What happened to men who don't take any **** from stupid ass women and assert dominance and go? It's so sad to see that some men don't have a sense of respect for themselves.
    I wouldnt be offended. She'd have been dumped the moment she started questioning earnings.

I found the thread amusing and I burst out laughing over the request for payment. I value my own company more.

Bit like rent a gf for facebook which you can do. Cant say id be offended. No need to assert dominance.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha speaking to your lecturer about it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    She'd have been dumped the moment she started questioning earnings.

I found the thread amusing and I burst out laughing over the request for payment. I value my own company more.
    Preach this x10.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.