Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How have you done your maths revision notes etc?

I'm dividing mine up into the priority for the high marks in the exam, so algebra followed by Ratio and geometry with the not so important coming up behind.

I'm also revising these in that order, with a chart for each section of what I need to know, with a tick marker when I have bad, mediocre and good. Thus I can see what I really need to work on.

I'm turning all the videos into flash cards to revise with as well as the official cards from various sources.

I've done 3 foundation papers and 3 higher to get a base mark - I scored middle of the road, so need to work hard to get the 9 I want. I'm also doing Corbetts 5 a day for all sections. I'll being doing his exam type questions as well.

PS I just need to put sticky index notes to subcategorise each section so I find it easily - oh and I'm working from the Corbett Higher revision list.

https://corbettmaths.com/?s=higher+revision+gcse+9-1+

ReputationRep:
    that's amazing!You are making me think I need to step up my game!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purdy7)
    How have you done your maths revision notes etc?

I'm dividing mine up into the priority for the high marks in the exam, so algebra followed by Ratio and geometry with the not so important coming up behind.

I'm also revising these in that order, with a chart for each section of what I need to know, with a tick marker when I have bad, mediocre and good. Thus I can see what I really need to work on.

I'm turning all the videos into flash cards to revise with as well as the official cards from various sources.

I've done 3 foundation papers and 3 higher to get a base mark - I scored middle of the road, so need to work hard to get the 9 I want. I'm also doing Corbetts 5 a day for all sections. I'll being doing his exam type questions as well.

PS I just need to put sticky index notes to subcategorise each section so I find it easily - oh and I'm working from the Corbett Higher revision list.

https://corbettmaths.com/?s=higher+revision+gcse+9-1+
    Wow that’s really good !!!
    What I did was I made Flashcards for all the formulae I need to learn then I memorised all of them and then I went through my AQA CGP Revision guide and went through all the questions at the bottom of the book and then went through the topics I didn’t do so well on and it worked for me I recently got my mock exam results back and I got
    50/80 Equivalent to a Grade 8
    63/80 Equivalent to a grade 9
    66/80 Equivalent to a grade 9
    And overall I got an 8
    And in my mocks before this one I got
    35/80 Equivalent to a 6
    41/80 Equivalent to a 7
    40/80 Equivalent to a 7
    Overall I got a 6
    And I didn’t use the method I use now
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.