Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am stuck between firming either Newcastle (Film Practises) or Queen Mary's (film studies) Both unis have great film courses however I am confused which Uni to choose from.

To give a rough idea of my current mindset- Let me state the pros for both unis
    Queen Mary's-
    Located in London which is heart of the film hub.
    Has a respected film course (4th on league table for film studies)
    Is more theory based
    Means I can work on projects at home and submit them to film festivals such as BFI.

Newcastle-
    Has a practical course which I love, Whereas Queen Mary's course is more theory based.
    Stunning Uni
    Means i'll be able to live on campus whereas if I go Queen Mary's Ill have to stay at home.
    Also has a respected film course (11th on league table)

Cons- Queen Marys
    I have to stay home which takes away the uni experince
    Course is more theory based
    Apparently the uni is overrated

Cons- Newcastle
    Far away from home (I live in London)

Basically- I really want a job within the film industry and would want to put me in a place where I have the best possible chance. Although i love Newcastle and not so much Queen Mary's, I wonder whether staying In London where I can gain connections would put me in a better place of getting into the industry./

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.