Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Newcastle or Queen Mary's For Film to get into film industry. watch

I am stuck between firming either Newcastle (Film Practises) or Queen Mary's (film studies) Both unis have great film courses however I am confused which Uni to choose from.

To give a rough idea of my current mindset- Let me state the pros for both unis
    Queen Mary's-
    Located in London which is heart of the film hub.
    Has a respected film course (4th on league table for film studies)
    Is more theory based
    Means I can work on projects at home and submit them to film festivals such as BFI.

Has a practical course which I love, Whereas Queen Mary's course is more theory based.
    Stunning Uni
    Means i'll be able to live on campus whereas if I go Queen Mary's Ill have to stay at home.
    Also has a respected film course (11th on league table)

Cons- Queen Marys
    I have to stay home which takes away the uni experince
    Course is more theory based
    Apparently the uni is overrated

Cons- Newcastle
    Far away from home (I live in London)

Basically- I really want a job within the film industry and would want to put me in a place where I have the best possible chance. Although i love Newcastle and not so much Queen Mary's, I wonder whether staying In London where I can gain connections would put me in a better place of getting into the industry./
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.