Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing my music composition right now and have less than three weeks to finish it. We have had very little time (only a term) to actually write and compose this piece. My music teacher has taught me very little this year and I would just like some tips as I'm very worried right now about if i can achieve a good mark.

The instruments I have included are the violin and the piano and it is in the romantic style so, what sorts of features can get you those high marks? Does the piano part have to varied or can the left hand be similar arpeggiated patterns all the way throughout? Also, finally, if i could just have some tips for how to write the brief, such as talk about the story that the music is about or why you wrote in this key, that would be amazing!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same position right now. I take it you're writing a classical piece over pop style?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ele_20)
    I'm in the exact same position right now. I take it you're writing a classical piece over pop style?
    Yes, very similar to that. Do you know roughly how our compositions are marked and what it's based on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not completely sure but I think it's similar to our performances. I think that difficulty marks are only out of 6 so I wouldn't worry about making it too complicated that it's really hard to play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I was quite unsure about how complicated I should make my piece but I think I'll just go with more fluent and try to develop the main parts throughout the piece. Are you doing OCR as well? cause I'm not sure if OCR is out of 20 or 30.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm OCR too do you just want me to message you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.