Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team

Speakers Statement

I do hereby announce that on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen that i have asked that the Rt. Hon. PetrosAC to formally lead a minority coalition administration made up of the TSR Liberal Party, TSR Libertarian Party and Connor27 MP as acting Prime Minister, Minister for the Civil Service and First Lord Of The Treasury until the completion of the TSR Liberal leadership election. He accepted this greatest honour.

I do also hereby announce that on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen i have also asked the Rt. Hon. Saracen's Fez to continue in the role Leader of the Official Opposition. He also accepted this great honour.

Your Speaker.
    DayneD89

Statement from the Prime Minister
    I have just been to see Her Majesty the Queen at Buckingham Palace, where she asked me to form a Government, and I accepted.

These are vital times for the United Kingdom. With the breakdown of the last Government, my Government, formed by the TSR Liberal Party in partnership with the TSR Libertarian Party and the Honourable Connor27 MP, recognises the need for stability more than ever before. We recognise the need for a Government built upon trust, transparency and openness and we hope to reflect that in both our actions and our policies.

This is a Government united by a belief in liberty, individualism and ambition, and it is these core principles that will translate into policies that we believe will enrich the lives of every single person throughout this country. Whether this is by giving you the freedom to act in a manner that best suits you or by providing the tools for you to reach your potential, this is a Government that believes in you, the individual.

Over the coming weeks, we recognise that we must be pragmatic in order to achieve our goals, by being open to working with both sides of the house. The 'toxic atmosphere' seen in the house must end, and we will strive to facilitate this. This is an open invitation to debate and co-operate to achieve landmark legislation capable of shaping this country for the better.
    Now, let's get to work

Statement from the Deputy Prime Minister
    It is with immense pleasure that we announce today the coalition between our two great parties, the Liberals and the Libertarians, and the Honourable Connor27 MP.

We aim to provide the United Kingdom with the stability it both needs and deserves. We will provide a Government that is committed to seeing out the term in a manner which - to echo the words of the Right Honourable gentleman the Prime Minister - promotes harmony between the parties and members of both sides of the House, and which is dedicated to being honest and transparent in its operation.

This Government has some excellent policies, which we very much look forward to unveiling over the weeks to come. Our plans for the country have been made with its citizens in mind; whether old or young, a student or a taxpayer.
    It's time to get started.

Posted by SpeakerBot

ReputationRep:
    For once a liberal leader didn’t snake the libers, they must be desperate to cling on to the power

ReputationRep:
    I am honoured to enter this government, Labour and the Tories have been complacent in their duties to the UK; both assuming they have divine right to govern.

This will be a truly radical government that will change the consensus in British politics.

Please look forward to it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How would the government respond should the AFL form with Connor as a founding member?

ReputationRep:
    What does it say about the liberals when they have been in coalition with every party in the last few months.

They have no policies just a love of titles
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    :yay:

:party2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How would the government respond should the AFL form with Connor as a founding member?
    I would like to announce now that I will be withdrawing from the AFL proposal.

DayneD89 Please remove my name from it.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I’m pleased to have negotiated this deal between the Liberals, Connor and us. I hope that the house looks forward to our output and that this will hopefully be a prosperous 3 months. Let’s get on with the show !
    Expect Cabinet positions coming up in the next day or so
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to both supporting and holding the government to account from my position on the back benches

ReputationRep:
    Libertarians, enjoy the honeymoon period, about next week the Liberals should start to show their true snakey and spineless nature.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You'll find out if it happens. Not sure it will though.
    (Original post by Joep95)
    What does it say about the liberals when they have been in coalition with every party in the last few months.
    That we're a party of diverse political views, and that we won't outright refuse to work with certain parties.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I look forward to working with everyone in this government and it's wonderful to see a Liberal Prime Minister once again. This must be the first time since before the Lib Dem rebrand?

In celebration of this occasion I am retiring Benjamin Linus for the good ol' statue of liberty I used back in '12 (when I was probably more libertarian than the Libertarians :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    Another Liberal government? Let’s see how long this lasts...
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jarred)
    I look forward to working with everyone in this government and it's wonderful to see a Liberal Prime Minister once again. This must be the first time since before the Lib Dem rebrand?

In celebration of this occasion I am retiring Benjamin Linus for the good ol' statue of liberty I used back in '12 (when I was probably more libertarian than the Libertarians :ninja:)
    Hear hear Jarred, we definitely have very libertarian members
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Matthew Lowson:yep:

And before him, wimbledon.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team

Last Liberal PM was back in the 10th parliament.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Matthew Lowson:yep:

And before him, wimbledon.
    And before that, me. (Yes I know that's not what the wiki says, yes I'm still salty about that.)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    And before that, me. (Yes I know that's not what the wiki says, yes I'm still salty about that.)
    Looks like a bit of digging through threads is in order.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This just about confirms that the Liberals are a right pile of snakes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.