Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    I meant Connor might have some sort of involvement in this government.
    Yes that’s what it says in the statement, isn’t it? Don’t see how that makes me DPM
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    Here’s to the beginning of a great working relationship between all three of the parties to this coalition.

In answer to some comments already posted on this thread, I can confirm that I am the DPM.
    Pretty sure it's two parties not three.

Thank you for the confirmation I appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Ironic from the person that "enjoys" annoying others.
    I do not particularly care what the right honourable gentlemen is referring to, but I urge him to put aside his clear vendetta towards me and others in this house, and to move on from the past 7 days.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Yes that’s what it says in the statement, isn’t it? Don’t see how that makes me DPM
    It doesn't say what role you will have - which as I've said before it's obvious you're getting a role.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador

Two parties and an independent. Semantics eh. Connor will have a role and what role he has will be revealed tomorrow
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

I put the number in in an attempt to make clear I was talking about ‘parties’ in the sense of those involved. I was meaning the Libertarians, the Liberals and Connor.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I do not particularly care what the right honourable gentlemen is referring to, but I urge him to put aside his clear vendetta towards me and others in this house, and to move on from the past 7 days.
    I don't have a vendetta towards you. I'm just saying what you said is ironic because you've been the centre of that. I'm happy to move on as long as your toxicity doesn't return.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a vendetta towards you. I'm just saying what you said is ironic because you've been the centre of that. I'm happy to move on as long as your toxicity doesn't return.
    Expel Life_Peer from the Tories then you can preach about toxicity.

ReputationRep:
    I have no intention of continuing my feud with you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Expel Life_Peer from the Tories then you can preach about toxicity.
    I don't need advice from you thanks.

(Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I have no intention of continuing my feud with you.
    Oh how wonderful!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Tories are a socially centrist (at best), right wing party.
    Libbers are a socially liberal, right wing party.
    You're looking at centre vs centre left and slightly liberal vs slightly authoritarian
    and centre vs right and slightly liberal vs slightly more liberal
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You're looking at centre vs centre left and slightly liberal vs slightly authoritarian
    and centre vs right and slightly liberal vs slightly more liberal
    The Tories aren't left of the Liberals.

Centre vs Right, Liberal vs centre
    Centre vs Right, Liberal vs Liberal

That's the way I see it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised the liberals agreed to work with Connor tbh. Iirc back during the coalition negotiation (before the Con-Lib-NatCon government was formed) The liberals did not want to work with the libers with Connor, Joe and Jammy in the party and now they are willing to work with Connor? Interesting :holmes:

I look forward to the liberals stabbing both the libers and Connor in the back and causing another government to collapse!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    The Tories aren't left of the Liberals.

Centre vs Right, Liberal vs centre
    Centre vs Right, Liberal vs Liberal

That's the way I see it.
    I meant to say centre-right

The libbers should be significantly right of the libbers and the Tories are not that far right (remember how they support unsustainable minimum wage growth, throwing money at problems hoping they go away, and don't stand up for freedom of contract)
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I meant to say centre-right

The libbers should be significantly right of the libbers and the Tories are not that far right (remember how they support unsustainable minimum wage growth, throwing money at problems hoping they go away, and don't stand up for freedom of contract)
    Fair enough. You'll say that I'd obviously say this, but I feel like there's a lot more of crossover in policies with the Libbers judging from the policy negotiations and agreement, but we'll see how the rest of the term goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I'm quite surprised the liberals agreed to work with Connor tbh. Iirc back during the coalition negotiation (before the Con-Lib-NatCon government was formed) The liberals did not want to work with the libers with Connor, Joe and Jammy in the party and now they are willing to work with Connor? Interesting :holmes:

I look forward to the liberals stabbing both the libers and Connor in the back and causing another government to collapse!
    I imagine it’s something to do with the fact that I’ve reformed compared to where I was at the start of this term.

I refer you to ‘The Return’ thread
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Fair enough. You'll say that I'd obviously say this, but I feel like there's a lot more of crossover in policies with the Libbers judging from the policy negotiations and agreement, but we'll see how the rest of the term goes
    I expect it to be heavy in concessions with nobody being fully happy on much.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    RIP Liberal 'centrism'.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I expect it to be heavy in concessions with nobody being fully happy on much.
    I expect to prove you wrong over the next 3 months then
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mr T 999)

Connor is ideologically closer to us than both Joe and Jammy are, and Connor has changed a lot over the last few months.

You were the one that withdrew from the coalition, remember?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.