Young Sinatra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Got a conditional Access To Leeds offer for AB (Already have a B at A level) for comp sci.

Now I have to pick my insurance choice. Brunel is in my city, but its an average uni (in terms of league tables). They have offered me BB.

Surrey is a really good university for comp sci, but it is just outside of London. Offer AB.

I want to pick Surrey. They are ranked higher and have excellent links to work placements, but, they have got the same grade requirements as Leeds. I was thinking that, in the event that I do miss the grade requirement by one or two on results day, I'll still be able to get in despite not meeting my insurance choice's requirement.

Can someone please advise me, I am so lost.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Young Sinatra)
Got a conditional Access To Leeds offer for AB (Already have a B at A level) for comp sci.

Now I have to pick my insurance choice. Brunel is in my city, but its an average uni (in terms of league tables). They have offered me BB.

Surrey is a really good university for comp sci, but it is just outside of London. Offer AB.

I want to pick Surrey. They are ranked higher and have excellent links to work placements, but, they have got the same grade requirements as Leeds. I was thinking that, in the event that I do miss the grade requirement by one or two on results day, I'll still be able to get in despite not meeting my insurance choice's requirement.

Can someone please advise me, I am so lost.
Will you be happy at Brunel? Ideally you want somewhere that you can realistically meet the requirements for and will be happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
60.92%
No (77)
20.75%
Not sure (68)
18.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed