Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Not sure if this should be in GCSEs or A-Levels but I'll just leave it here for now.)

Basically, I'm sitting my GCSEs this May/June and I have no idea what I want to do in the future. I'm not particularly good at any subjects and I don't particularly enjoy any subjects... long story short, I need to find something worth doing. I have no hobbies and interests and don't really do anything at all.

I'm planning on doing A-Levels, not because I want to but because the school I currently attend has a Sixth Form so I'm just going to go there. For the moment my choices are chemistry, biology and physics. Once again, not because I want to do them, but because I think they're give me one of the broadest spectrum in terms of careers if I end up finding out what I want to do. My physics is around a grade 6, biology a 5/6 and chemistry a 5/6 (And they're all some of my better subjects... hehe).

TL;DR I have no interests and no motivation or aspirations... so... what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    A-level science is a *massive* step up from GCSE so I'd wouldn't recommend doing all three unless you love them all.

If you have no interest in any subject, which one do you find the least dull!

Do what you enjoy and if you're really struggling, ask you're teachers.

Hope that helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadSpud)
    A-level science is a *massive* step up from GCSE so I'd wouldn't recommend doing all three unless you love them all.

If you have no interest in any subject, which one do you find the least dull!

Do what you enjoy and if you're really struggling, ask you're teachers.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the heads up! I've done some reconsidering and I think that I'll do chemistry and biology but not the physics. I'm also thinking about doing art since I enjoy doing it in my free time, my only problem is I don't like that we're limited to what we do in GCSE. Do you know if this changes in A-Level?

Anyway, right now my choice are chemistry, biology and art but I only have until Friday before I have to submit it. Do you think that those subjects are fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pqndachan)
    Thanks for the heads up! I've done some reconsidering and I think that I'll do chemistry and biology but not the physics. I'm also thinking about doing art since I enjoy doing it in my free time, my only problem is I don't like that we're limited to what we do in GCSE. Do you know if this changes in A-Level?

Anyway, right now my choice are chemistry, biology and art but I only have until Friday before I have to submit it. Do you think that those subjects are fine?
    No problem!

I'm not sure how different art is at A-level compared with GCSE but I do know lots of people do chemistry & biology (usually with maths if they want to become a doctor) so yes, that's a good combination.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you have no idea of what you want to do I would try to do more varied subjects as it allows you different areas to go into. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do in the future so took media sociology and business as they are things I enjoy and are a variety of academic with some practical work too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.