Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need some opinions :P watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I’m looking to buy my first car with a maximum of £4000 and wondering what the best automatic car is within my budget.

If anyone has any suggestions I really appreciate it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't give you any advice about which automatic car you could go for on that budget, but I will give you this - whenever you buy a car ALWAYS acquire sensible figures for insurance (i.e., for the make / model and your personal circumstances) and routine maintenance.

Also note, that you may find a large disparity between your provisional insurance and your qualified insurance in terms of coverage cost. Once you get some sensible suggestions, I'd take a look at some price comparison sites using your details to get some price estimates / quotes.

ReputationRep:
    Blehhhhh I know there are so many figures to get my head around. I’m looking to buy second hand anyway and I’ve seen some cars for sale but don’t know what’s best

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say. So many regional variables that play into it.

Makes sense to stick to something 'mainstream'; VW, Ford, Vauxhall, etc.

Also bear in mind the effect of tax, as well, or aim for an economical version without tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Hard to say. So many regional variables that play into it.

Makes sense to stick to something 'mainstream'; VW, Ford, Vauxhall, etc.

Also bear in mind the effect of tax, as well, or aim for an economical version without tax.
    Thank you, VW is an interesting one, I’ll have a look at those

ReputationRep:
    Why auto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    Why auto?
    Hey Milk the answer is because I have an inability to focus on that many things at once so an auto is easier for me. I’ve tested one and a manual and that’s how I know :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    Hey Milk the answer is because I have an inability to focus on that many things at once so an auto is easier for me. I’ve tested one and a manual and that’s how I know :P
    i don't know anyone who drives a automatic, have you taken your test with an automatic or a manual and where you from because in the uk I rarely see people with automatics (and if i got one my mates would probably take the piss) but in America like in shows and stuff i feel like its more of a normal thing

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've bought my car, thanks for the replies guys

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.