hxm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This A-Level covers 20 Core studies in year one under the headings of:

Social,Cognitive,Individual Differences,Biological & Developemental.

In year two it covers three mandatory topics of mental health and two others that your college/sixth form choose. (My college has selected criminology and environmental psychology).

Will be great for everyone to share questions and queries on the exam techniques and discuss anything necessary to get us all through the final few months!! Good luck!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I got an A* in this last year. I have a few things important to remember:

- As well as the 20 core studies and the studies involved in the 3 topics in year 2, you MUST remember 2-3 additional small studies per topic in year 2. You need to back up the core studies in the topics with smaller studies, which are mentioned in the textbook. You won't get full marks without them.
- Practice your essays! Exam technique so important. PEEL/CEEL paragraphs - point, evidence, explain, link. Counterpoint, evidence, explain, link.
- Details are key - try to remember as many little details and numbers as possible, as this will bump your marks up.
hxm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well done that's amazing amazing! And thank you!!

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Hey! I got an A* in this last year. I have a few things important to remember:

- As well as the 20 core studies and the studies involved in the 3 topics in year 2, you MUST remember 2-3 additional small studies per topic in year 2. You need to back up the core studies in the topics with smaller studies, which are mentioned in the textbook. You won't get full marks without them.
- Practice your essays! Exam technique so important. PEEL/CEEL paragraphs - point, evidence, explain, link. Counterpoint, evidence, explain, link.
- Details are key - try to remember as many little details and numbers as possible, as this will bump your marks up.
saltypotathoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys see my post here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5303470
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (225)
46.88%
Take exams next summer (67)
13.96%
Change uni choice through clearing (107)
22.29%
Apply to uni next year instead (49)
10.21%
I'm not applying to university (32)
6.67%

Watched Threads