Turn on thread page Beta

lack of social life and friends at uni is making me depressed watch

I am feeling really uncomfortable writing about this but I am hoping someone out there can give me some advice or is in a similar situation. At sixthform and school I was always considered to be part of the popular people (not trying to be arrogant I just want to give an accurate description) I had loads of friends and used to always go on nights out or go to house parties. I was known as the person "who was always partying but was also smart". I expected life at medical school to be exactly as good or even better. But sadly I go to a medical school where people on my course are on a different campus to everyone else. This made it that I basically only got to know people on my course.The problem is most people on my course are individuals who didn't have many friends at school and spend most of their time revising. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.It is just that I'm finding it really hard to make friends with these people our personalities just don't match.I do have two friends on my course but this sounds horrible I know but I am only friends with them because they are the only option.In any other situation I would not consider them my close friends.I don't know what to do I am becoming severely depressed. I just wished there was one person who mine and their personality matched and could be my friend. When I go home I get to see my old friends and that makes me happy but my uni is quite far from home and most of my friends have also gone to different uni now. I wish I could turn back time and have gone to a different med school. I hope someone on here can give me some advice I don't want to spend the rest of the next few years at med school being depressed
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have you tried joining clubs and societies?

You could also volunteer.

Be friendly, open up, be approachable, ask about the other person, their course, what made them choose it, what do they like to get up to in their spare time.

If you feel like you need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.