Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I understand most of the poems in the anthology, but I cannot understand some of them such as Charge of the Light Brigade, London, Tissue and The Prelude. I would love to get some notes/analysis on these poems as we haven't studied them in detail, and if they come in the real exam I wanna be sure that I have at least something decent to write about them. I would also love it if you could tell me which poems compare really well. Oh and we just did a walkthrough mock (where our teacher tells us how to structure and basically what to do and then we answer the question in exam questions) of Literature Paper 2 (excluding An Inspector Calls), and I really struggled on answering Section B. Mainly because I had so much to write and so little time. The question was a bit confusing, it was along the lines of 'Compare the ways the poets present tension in 'My Last Duchess' and one other poem?', the word 'tension' baffled me, I ended up talking a lot about power/powerlessness of the Duke and the King (Ozymandias), which I thought wasn't actually answering the question, oh and also I was only able to write up around 2 long paragraphs. Section C on the other hand was quite easy, it had 'Winter Swan' and 'I carry your heart'
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aseeb Tariq)
    So I understand most of the poems in the anthology, but I cannot understand some of them such as Charge of the Light Brigade, London, Tissue and The Prelude. I would love to get some notes/analysis on these poems as we haven't studied them in detail, and if they come in the real exam I wanna be sure that I have at least something decent to write about them. I would also love it if you could tell me which poems compare really well. Oh and we just did a walkthrough mock (where our teacher tells us how to structure and basically what to do and then we answer the question in exam questions) of Literature Paper 2 (excluding An Inspector Calls), and I really struggled on answering Section B. Mainly because I had so much to write and so little time. The question was a bit confusing, it was along the lines of 'Compare the ways the poets present tension in 'My Last Duchess' and one other poem?', the word 'tension' baffled me, I ended up talking a lot about power/powerlessness of the Duke and the King (Ozymandias), which I thought wasn't actually answering the question, oh and also I was only able to write up around 2 long paragraphs. Section C on the other hand was quite easy, it had 'Winter Swan' and 'I carry your heart'
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aseeb Tariq)
    Power and conflict all reviewed here.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 9 in lit by looking at all of mr Bruffs videos on YouTube - there are lots of videos of teachers analysing each poem in a lot of detail
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.