The Student Room Group

Teacher ripped up my work

Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.
I was wondering if this is allowed and if not what can i do about the teacher?

Scroll to see replies

pretty sure this would be against any sort of conduct expected of a teacher. I would recommend reporting it to a higher up as if it had happened in my school the teacher would be instantly reported and action would be taken against them :/
Definitely report it, that's an unprofessional and immature way of handling a situation.
Reply 3
And what if she says something like the work was not good enough.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shabeer788

Christ! Our teachers would tell us to redo it, no way in hell would they rip it up, no excuse. Teachers only rip work up if a student's cheating in a test. But 80% of the time they just say that as a threat they never actually do rip it up. I would report it. I'm really sorry for you.

She should be giving you feedback on how to improve it, not ripping up your work and humiliating you. She's a teacher, and that was a very immature thing for her to do. You need that work to be marked and treat professionaly so you can improve; if it's in little shreds in the bin how are you supposed to advance in the subject? Definitely report her, especially since it happened twice.
rekt.
nah mate she's humiliating and making fun of you. definitely report her. if shes doing that sort of stuff, shes not fit to be a teacher. and if she does it again, dont do what she says. she hasnt got the authority or the right to do it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Who should i report her to?
Head of sixth form or the Head of the whole school.
why did she rip up your work ?

:holmes:

Start with head of sixth form :smile:
Make a complaint in writing to head of sixth or the head. If its an official complaint then they cant ignore it. Sounds very unprofessional and even if your work was poor, then it is not the way to react. Is this a school in the UK?
Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.

That's really inappropriate and humiliating. That's not allowed. You should definetly report her.
Report her to the sixth form AND the head of the whole school.
susan needs to fix up smh

she could have told u that its not good enough she doesnt have the right to rip it up and tell u to pick it up
i think the best thing to do is report it

Start with Head of your particular subject. If they don’t do anything, then go higher up from there.
My teacher once done that to the whole class because it wasn't good enough so I would report her because she done it twice.

Girl..If the teacher is the stability of a subject and loads of people really need her them DON'T DO IT!!! If not then DO IT:smile:!!!!

Both! Start with head of sixth form though.
If you don't report her she'll continue to do these kinda things and that's not right at all.
Try and get a reliable student from your class to confirm that this happened.

Quick Reply