Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Teacher ripped up my work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Older teachers would do this type of thing.

Don't waste the administration's time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Older teachers would do this type of thing.

Don't waste the administration's time.
    Sometimes you gotta report hags doing sh*t like this. I remember this senior teacher who taught french in my school was kicked out cause she got violent with a pupil.

Just cause you been around for a long time doesn't mean you should abuse your power.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've seen teachers do this before, or rip the work out of the book, screw it up and put it in the bin. Really sorry this happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabeer788)
    And what if she says something like the work was not good enough.
    even if it wasnt u learn from ypur mistakes and she should've given u support instead of that also I would've wanted to keep the paper that I did mistakes from to redraft it and learn from it so I don't do the same thing in the exam
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.
    I was wondering if this is allowed and if not what can i do about the teacher?
    Very inappropriate. Report it to your head teacher or anybody above that teacher in the chain of command (in writing of possible- email maybe). If that doesn't achieve anything you can get parents involved, report to the governors or ofstead etc. Don't stop until something happens. That may be them saying they've spoken to her about it, her apologising or whatever. If it or anything like it happens again report it again.

That's not something you should have to deal with at any age. It would be inappropriate in an office and is inappropriate here.

(Original post by Kindred)
    Very inappropriate. Report it to your head teacher or anybody above that teacher in the chain of command (in writing of possible- email maybe). If that doesn't achieve anything you can get parents involved, report to the governors or ofstead etc. Don't stop until something happens. That may be them saying they've spoken to her about it, her apologising or whatever. If it or anything like it happens again report it again.

That's not something you should have to deal with at any age. It would be inappropriate in an office and is inappropriate here.
    Why not write to the prime minister? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would go with the quiet word approach.

Get the teacher one-on-one, away from class time and tell her that you feel their outburst wasn't appropriate and that you had completed the work and maybe it wasn't great, but you'd hope for her to help you improve rather than to be belittled in front of the rest of the class.

thats the worst teacher ever.You should report it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Why not write to the prime minister? :rolleyes:
    They're number 8 on the list after Kermit the frog. But really that shouldn't be necessary after talking to the mayor.
    Seriously though I know it's unlikely to be something that needs escalating that far, but some teachers and even head teacher don't take things like this seriously and in that case the board of governors or ofstead are the next step.
    But really anybody with half a brain can just talk to the teacher, explain it upset the student and then to apologise and think things through a bit more in the future. So it shouldn't get to that point.

ReputationRep:
    It was that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleDelight)
    Both! Start with head of sixth form though.
    If you don't report her she'll continue to do these kinda things and that's not right at all.
    Try and get a reliable student from your class to confirm that this happened.
    start with talking to the head of department, then tell head of sixth form and more senior staff if needed
    alternatively you can ask your parents to phone the school and complain if your teachers ignore you

no, its an act of aggression and then demanding that you pick it up is her asserting her authority, report the bit ch

ReputationRep:
    This is showing my age...but when I was at school I can recall this happening on several occasions and it wasn't the sort of thing that was seen as out of order!

(Before anyone says anything, I'm not saying it is acceptable!)

ReputationRep:
    Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.
    I was wondering if this is allowed and if not what can i do about the teacher?
    What was wrong with your work?

ReputationRep:
    That's simply not ok. I mean, I have some pretty bad teachers, but that takes it too far. Definitely, report it to Head of Department/Sixth, and if that doesn't work, follow it up with leadership.

(Original post by MxAdnani)
    pretty sure this would be against any sort of conduct expected of a teacher. I would recommend reporting it to a higher up as if it had happened in my school the teacher would be instantly reported and action would be taken against them :/
    Oooh you are cute!!! More pictures please???!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Definitely report it, that's an unprofessional and immature way of handling a situation.
    I second this. Can constitute as intimidating behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oooh you are cute!!! More pictures please???!!!
    lol wut

how about dont report it and the next time she does it get someone to record it so at least you have some proof if people dont believe you etc

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious to me you don't know where boundaries are, she's sensed this in you and like all predators is going for the weak. Doing it once in a fit of anger and not forcing you to pick it up is one thing but obviously the first time showed she could get away with it and the second she is getting more sadistic.

Stop this now, draw your boundaries and hold them - the world is not just nice people.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.