Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should Trump be able to block people on Twitter? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The current POTUS uses Twitter, a lot. He also gets disagreed with quite a lot, and with this faces a lot of abuse. Doing what any sensible person would do, Trump then blocks the people hurling abuse at him. However, this being in the USA, some of the abusive blockees have decided to sue him, saying it is unconstitutional for him to exclude them from an argument on Twitter.

A middle ground of Trump muting the people abusive to him has been suggested, which would enable them to continue to send abusive (and disagreeing) messages regarding his tweets, but that he wouldn't be able to read them to be offended.

What do you think? Should Trump be forced to open himself up to criticism on a private company's website where other users do not?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    He has the right to block anyone he likes just like other people can, if I were him I definitely wouldn't want my twitter notifications to be full of hate everyday

ReputationRep:
    I think Trump shouldn't be on Twitter. A president speaks for their government and there are plenty of legitimate channels to do that. Trump seems only to speak for himself regardless of whether it is something official or just his personal musings at 3am. It is a poor way of communicating and has only cause controversy, confusion and division.

What we have to understand is that Trump's world does not extend any further than his own over-inflated and delusional ego. When you get that, he makes perfect sense.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Meh who cares its twitter, i'm more concerned about his plans to ban ''dem muslim folk' from the country.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.