Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m looking for a job. Been applying on indeed but I’m not getting anywhere. I think I should go into stores and hand my CV in but how should I do this and where would I need to hand it into? And how etc help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Unknown19x)
    I’m looking for a job. Been applying on indeed but I’m not getting anywhere. I think I should go into stores and hand my CV in but how should I do this and where would I need to hand it into? And how etc help
    What sort of job?

Are you tailoring your CV?

Are you looking at company websites? - most large high street employers have online processes

Don't bother just handing out a dozen generic CVs. If you think that's the best way, then go round town on Sat am and ask if there are jobs available. if there are, go home and write a specific CV and covering letter for the shops that have said yes. Then put them in an envelope and address it to the Manager of the store and hand it in on Sunday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.