Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Access to Humanities combined with social sciences (evening) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Hoping someone can offer me some advice really...

I am enrolled on an evening access course starting Sept ‘18, it is for two evenings per week (Tuesday and Thursday) and five Saturdays throughout the year. I also work 5 days a week as an Assistant Head of Year 9 & 10 in a secondary school, plus I have two young children aged 2 & 10.

My question is, has anyone done the evening course alongside young children and a demanding full time job? I am slightly apprehensive that this may be too much?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Surely you already have a degree if you're a deputy head? Why do you want to do an Access course?

Of course, it is doable; plenty of people in a similar position complete it. If you are well-educated anyway, it will be a breeze in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Surely you already have a degree if you're a deputy head? Why do you want to do an Access course?

Of course, it is doable; plenty of people in a similar position complete it. If you are well-educated anyway, it will be a breeze in the park.
    Not a deputy head! An Assistant Head of Year, sounds much better than it is, it’s actually a poorly paid pastoral role I kind of fell into. I don’t have a degree hence the Access course, academically I think I will be fine, but I do worry I won’t have the time and will fall behind.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghart26)
    Not a deputy head! An Assistant Head of Year, sounds much better than it is, it’s actually a poorly paid pastoral role I kind of fell into. I don’t have a degree hence the Access course, academically I think I will be fine, but I do worry I won’t have the time and will fall behind.
    Well, colleges often have daytime and evening Access courses. Evening ones being over fewer days, so you spend a bit of time at college. People who take evening are usually full-time workers, usually with a family. You will be no different!

Anyone half-intelligent can manage to perform well with little effort.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.