Turn on thread page Beta

Access to Humanities combined with social sciences (evening) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Hoping someone can offer me some advice really...

I am enrolled on an evening access course starting Sept ‘18, it is for two evenings per week (Tuesday and Thursday) and five Saturdays throughout the year. I also work 5 days a week as an Assistant Head of Year 9 & 10 in a secondary school, plus I have two young children aged 2 & 10.

My question is, has anyone done the evening course alongside young children and a demanding full time job? I am slightly apprehensive that this may be too much?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Surely you already have a degree if you're a deputy head? Why do you want to do an Access course?

Of course, it is doable; plenty of people in a similar position complete it. If you are well-educated anyway, it will be a breeze in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Surely you already have a degree if you're a deputy head? Why do you want to do an Access course?

Of course, it is doable; plenty of people in a similar position complete it. If you are well-educated anyway, it will be a breeze in the park.
    Not a deputy head! An Assistant Head of Year, sounds much better than it is, it’s actually a poorly paid pastoral role I kind of fell into. I don’t have a degree hence the Access course, academically I think I will be fine, but I do worry I won’t have the time and will fall behind.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghart26)
    Not a deputy head! An Assistant Head of Year, sounds much better than it is, it’s actually a poorly paid pastoral role I kind of fell into. I don’t have a degree hence the Access course, academically I think I will be fine, but I do worry I won’t have the time and will fall behind.
    Well, colleges often have daytime and evening Access courses. Evening ones being over fewer days, so you spend a bit of time at college. People who take evening are usually full-time workers, usually with a family. You will be no different!

Anyone half-intelligent can manage to perform well with little effort.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.