Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so i've firmed my conditional offer off MMU for fashion buying and merchandising, and really want to get my accommodation sorted soon. I'm looking for something thats very social, but still want an en-suite, I don't really have a price limit either. If anyone can help me or recommend anything, please do!!
    Thanks! xxx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/manchester/
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ajm2000)
    Hi, so i've firmed my conditional offer off MMU for fashion buying and merchandising, and really want to get my accommodation sorted soon. I'm looking for something thats very social, but still want an en-suite, I don't really have a price limit either. If anyone can help me or recommend anything, please do!!
    Thanks! xxx
    Hi :hello:

Thank you for your message and your interest in the Manchester Metropolitan accommodation. Congratulations on your offer!

As a prospective new student, you can register your interest in the University accommodation now. New students must be holding a Conditional Firm or Unconditional Firm (CF or UF) offer for a full-time course for September 2018 entry in order to complete their registration – which you already have.

Registration is Stage 1 of the accommodation application process and is completed via our Accommodation Portal, which can be accessed online here: https://my.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation

In order to log on to the Portal, you will need your 8 digit MMU ID number and your password is your date of birth in the format of ddMmmyy (i.e. 14Mar18). Please note that this password is case sensitive.

Once you have logged on to the Portal, please click on the Stage 1 Register button and then complete the pages that follow, ensure that you click Finish on the final page. You will receive an automated confirmation email once this is done, which provides you with further information on the next steps of the application process.

Please note that when you complete Stage 1, you are registering your interest in all of our University accommodation and do not need to specify any preferences or commit to particular hall. This happens at Stage 2 – we will be emailing eligible new students who have registered their interest from 6th April onwards to invite them to complete Stage 2 and self-assign their chosen room from those available.

With regards to which halls may be good options for you, based on your preferences for social accommodation with an en-suite bathroom (and no specific price limit) the following may be good options for you to consider:

Needham Court

Premium En-suite
    6-8 bedrooms per flat
    Approx. 5 minutes’ walk from All Saints Campus
    £147.00 per week

Briarfields

Premium En-suite (Premium Shared rooms also available)
    3-7 bedrooms per flat
    £147.00 per week

Birley Vine/Dunham

Premium En-suite
    8 bedrooms per flat
    On Birley Campus, approx. 10 minutes’ walk from All Saints Campus
    £151.00 per week

New Medlock

Premium En-suite
    4-5 bedrooms per flat
    On the All Saints Campus
    £147.00 per week

Further information (including photos/360 degree tours) can be found on the individual hall pages linked above. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any particular hall will be sociable or loud/quiet, as this depends on the conduct of the individual residents at any given time. However flats with more people sharing to do tend to be more sociable, so I have highlighted some of these above.

We would recommend that you review the full step-by-step instructions to our application process (including useful how-to videos) online here.

I hope that this information is useful to you. If you have any further questions about the University accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact our office at [email protected] or 0161 247 2958.

You may also wish to follow this thread.

Kind Regards,

Charley - Student Living Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
    Hi :hello:

Thank you for your message and your interest in the Manchester Metropolitan accommodation. Congratulations on your offer!

As a prospective new student, you can register your interest in the University accommodation now. New students must be holding a Conditional Firm or Unconditional Firm (CF or UF) offer for a full-time course for September 2018 entry in order to complete their registration – which you already have.

Registration is Stage 1 of the accommodation application process and is completed via our Accommodation Portal, which can be accessed online here: https://my.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation

In order to log on to the Portal, you will need your 8 digit MMU ID number and your password is your date of birth in the format of ddMmmyy (i.e. 14Mar18). Please note that this password is case sensitive.

Once you have logged on to the Portal, please click on the Stage 1 Register button and then complete the pages that follow, ensure that you click Finish on the final page. You will receive an automated confirmation email once this is done, which provides you with further information on the next steps of the application process.

Please note that when you complete Stage 1, you are registering your interest in all of our University accommodation and do not need to specify any preferences or commit to particular hall. This happens at Stage 2 – we will be emailing eligible new students who have registered their interest from 6th April onwards to invite them to complete Stage 2 and self-assign their chosen room from those available.

With regards to which halls may be good options for you, based on your preferences for social accommodation with an en-suite bathroom (and no specific price limit) the following may be good options for you to consider:

Needham Court

Premium En-suite
    6-8 bedrooms per flat
    £147.00 per week

Briarfields

Premium En-suite (Premium Shared rooms also available)
    3-7 bedrooms per flat
    £147.00 per week

Birley Vine/Dunham

Premium En-suite
    8 bedrooms per flat
    On Birley Campus, approx. 10 minutes’ walk from All Saints Campus
    £151.00 per week

New Medlock

Premium En-suite
    4-5 bedrooms per flat
    On the All Saints Campus
    £147.00 per week

Further information (including photos/360 degree tours) can be found on the individual hall pages linked above. Please note that we cannot guarantee that any particular hall will be sociable or loud/quiet, as this depends on the conduct of the individual residents at any given time. However flats with more people sharing to do tend to be more sociable, so I have highlighted some of these above.

We would recommend that you review the full step-by-step instructions to our application process (including useful how-to videos) online here.

I hope that this information is useful to you. If you have any further questions about the University accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact our office at [email protected] or 0161 247 2958.

You may also wish to follow this thread.

Kind Regards,

Charley - Student Living Team
    Sorry forgot my password to my other account, but thank you this was really helpful!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.