Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone in the civil service know how the flexi time scheme works? Can you build up time and take a day off without any cavaets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Does anyone in the civil service know how the flexi time scheme works? Can you build up time and take a day off without any cavaets?
    Flexi time is only available for grades AA-SO. Also, department and business area affects how flexible it can be. For example, contact work requires people to be in certain times so flexibility is limited. I’m an IT project manager and my terms are very flexible. I’ve currently got 20 hours banked and plan to have a week of short days mon-thurs and Friday completely off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captainusa)
    Flexi time is only available for grades AA-SO. Also, department and business area affects how flexible it can be. For example, contact work requires people to be in certain times so flexibility is limited. I’m an IT project manager and my terms are very flexible. I’ve currently got 20 hours banked and plan to have a week of short days mon-thurs and Friday completely off.
    Flexitime is available to all grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Flexitime is available to all grades.
    Not for G7 and above!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captainusa)
    Not for G7 and above!
    Right....

In my experience of being a grade 7 and now a grade 6 in another department is flexi systems are in place at least through to SCS.

Happy to be corrected though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Right....

In my experience of being a grade 7 and now a grade 6 in another department is flexi systems are in place at least through to SCS.

Happy to be corrected though!
    Must be specific to your department then. I can definitely confirm that HMRC doesn’t have flexi time for G7 and above and not all areas are able to offer full flexi time due to business requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Does flexi time allow you to take flexi leave each month ?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.