Theory on behaviour emotions social development

Watch
Lylaabc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Here’s my question. I’m so confused !!! Please help !!!!Identify one aspect of human development and produce a resource which could be used by a practitioner to support individuals with an issue relating to special educational needs and disability social behavioural or emotional development !!!
Lylaabc
Rep:
?
I’ve made a puppet show which I’ve found evidence can support with language and social skills. My thought being imitating puppets. What theory could I link this too. Vygotsky?? Bandura ??? Please any help much appreciated
FerretPun
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Social Learning Theory? That one's all about observation, imitation & role models which fits with your 'imitating puppets'. Vygotsky doesn't quite work with imitation, and idk about Bandura as I've not read about that one yet.
Lylaabc
Rep:
?
Thankyou. Yes I’ve heard of the social learning theory. Which theorist is behind this please
Lylaabc
Rep:
?
I’m quite confused !
FerretPun
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lylaabc)
Thankyou. Yes I’ve heard of the social learning theory. Which theorist is behind this please
It is "due primarily to the work of Albert Bandura and Richard Walters" [from the Penguin Dictionary of Psychology].
Sorry I don't have a better answer, good luck!

Edit: It's Bandura
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.6%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (44)
20.75%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (27)
12.74%
No, nothing has changed (70)
33.02%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.87%

Watched Threads