Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I met in January 26-year-old British boy (from Tinder). During our first date he really wanted to have sex with me. I wasn't surprised. I said no. I don't go to bed with random boys.
    Surprisingly he wanted to see me next day as he was going back to the US (he's been working there but he'll move back to London permanently in April).
    He wants to get to know me even more, he wants to take me for another date and so on. We text each other almost every day.

I have just checked his profile on Tinder and I noticed he added some new photo. Well... to be honest I'm disappointed.

Is that common for British boys? A one-night stand.
    Do you think he's interested or he just plays with me and the only thing he wants is sex...?
    I'm looking forward to seeing him in April but I don't know how to act right now... just get over it?

ReputationRep:
    You calling a 26 year old a "boy"...what are you, around 60?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's something you'll find all over the world. I'm a 20yo British guy, and I'm not like that. I think you just found one of those guys, they lurk all over the globe.

He might be interested, but I wouldn't put the one night stand/quick interest in sex down to him being British, itsnjust the way he is, not his people

ReputationRep:
    It came out wrong, I didn't mean to offend Brits it's just something unusual for me as I'm not British/I haven't beel living in the UK for a long time.

(Original post by danielsmith2910)
    I think that's something you'll find all over the world. I'm a 20yo British guy, and I'm not like that. I think you just found one of those guys, they lurk all over the globe.

He might be interested, but I wouldn't put the one night stand/quick interest in sex down to him being British, itsnjust the way he is, not his people

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a ****boy... sorry. :/

ReputationRep:
    You aren't actually together, so what's the big deal?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take it as an offense, I'm just saying that if someone from wherever you're from did this to you, would you feel like this? I get it's unusual for you, how did the date go before the sex thing, and is he still talking to you enthusiastically, if not, then it might just be sex for him
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It’s tinder, what were you expecting?

ReputationRep:
    Should I let it go? Talk to him? I'd like to end it now than wait until April and be even more disappointed... johnny.snow

(Original post by johnny.snow)
    Seems like a ****boy... sorry. :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by martag1410)
    Is that common for British boys? A one-night stand.
    It's common for people on Tinder, not exclusively to "British boys". It's an app known for its hookup culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martag1410)
    Should I let it go? Talk to him? I'd like to end it now than wait until April and be even more disappointed... johnny.snow
    I have no clue tbh. The choice is up to you.

But I think he does just want sex. If you want anything more you may be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    The date and second meeting were great. He is really nice, charming and clever. I like him! We talk every single day, but we also have some short "breaks". I'm not a big fun of texting constantly, he feels the same I guess so. We both are busy, we work, we have hobbies, you know what it looks like. He always tries to be in touch, and show me a part of his life by telling lots of things/sending photos of him/the place where he is right now/etc. It seems he is mature and I can see that he puts effort into our convos but I might look for excuses haha @danielsmith2910
    (Original post by danielsmith2910)
    I didn't take it as an offense, I'm just saying that if someone from wherever you're from did this to you, would you feel like this? I get it's unusual for you, how did the date go before the sex thing, and is he still talking to you enthusiastically, if not, then it might just be sex for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    You calling a 26 year old a "boy"...what are you, around 60?
    😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imanidiotpleaseh)
    It’s tinder, what were you expecting?
    Ikr

ReputationRep:
    up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.