Turn on thread page Beta

In college but I feel like nothing has changed for me watch

Back in high school I was bullied from y8 to y11 and it affected me. Those people are mostly out of my life physically but I feel like nothing has changed since I started college. I cared for some people but they were entwined in the people who were pricks and I feel like I miss it somehow. I feel like I made wrong choices amd should've went to a different college but I feel like I ran away from my problems. I've met some other people since I started but I don't feel right half the time amd that my life has become worse. I have moments where I slip into a depressive state and Infeel good about myself. Does anyone have advice on how tonget rid ofmthis kimd of mentality?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can’t help you personally, but good luck and I believe that you can do this. Avoid negative people and those who don’t feel good to be around, and find those that you really enjoy being with
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Back in high school I was bullied from y8 to y11 and it affected me. Those people are mostly out of my life physically but I feel like nothing has changed since I started college. I cared for some people but they were entwined in the people who were pricks and I feel like I miss it somehow. I feel like I made wrong choices amd should've went to a different college but I feel like I ran away from my problems. I've met some other people since I started but I don't feel right half the time amd that my life has become worse. I have moments where I slip into a depressive state and Infeel good about myself. Does anyone have advice on how tonget rid ofmthis kimd of mentality?
    I'm really sorry to hear that your past is still affecting you. Have you been to therapy since being bullied? It sounds like being bullied still affects your mental health and how you feel about yourself now. Being bullied may have changed the way you think about yourself in a negative way. I highly recommend that you see a therapist/counsellor to feel better about yourself and get past this, because it could be hard to do it yourself. You could go to a GP and ask to be referred to CBT, which is a free therapy on the NHS. It stands for 'cognitive behavioural therapy' and it involves helping you to change your thoughts and thinking patterns. I am currently having CBT now and i am learning a lot about myself. The waiting list can be several months but i think it could really help you. Alternatively, you could get therapy/counselling privately, or if your college has mental health services you should definitely check them out too. While waiting for therapy, try to do things that make you feel good. That may be reading, sports or netflix for example. Basically, try to listen to how to speak to yourself and speak to yourself in a kinder way. This takes practice but try not to be too hard on yourself. I really hope this helps! If you have any questions you can message me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.