ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I currently have five conditional offers for Bsc Computer Science from:

University of Surrey
    University of Leeds
    University of Nottingham
    Newcastle University
    King's College London

These conditional offers were all based on me getting B for Computer Science A Level, A for A Level ICT and D* for my BTEC L3 Sub-Dip in Business or BTEC Applied Law.

The problem is that I don't think I'd be able to meet any conditional offers as I am struggling with A Level Computer Science and don't even think I'll be able to pass! Furthermore, I have been totally put off Computer Science and no longer want to study it at uni.

I want to change from Bsc CS to Bsc Accounting and Finance.

So, I was wondering if you could recommend what I should do? I want the unis I apply to not include A Level Computer Science as part of the offer. I just want them to either give me a conditional offer based on BTEC Level 3 Sub Dip Applied Law, BTEC Level 3 Sub Dip Business, and A Level ICT.

Please help in what I should now do. Which unis can you recommend which are good for Accounting and Finance and will probably accept me for my BTECs and A Level in ICT?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I eagerly wait for your responses.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by e49877)

I currently have five conditional offers for Bsc Computer Science from:

University of Surrey
    University of Leeds
    University of Nottingham
    Newcastle University
    King's College London

These conditional offers were all based on me getting B for Computer Science A Level, A for A Level ICT and D* for my BTEC L3 Sub-Dip in Business or BTEC Applied Law.

The problem is that I don't think I'd be able to meet any conditional offers as I am struggling with A Level Computer Science and don't even think I'll be able to pass! Furthermore, I have been totally put off Computer Science and no longer want to study it at uni.

I want to change from Bsc CS to Bsc Accounting and Finance.

So, I was wondering if you could recommend what I should do? I want the unis I apply to not include A Level Computer Science as part of the offer. I just want them to either give me a conditional offer based on BTEC Level 3 Sub Dip Applied Law, BTEC Level 3 Sub Dip Business, and A Level ICT.

Please help in what I should now do. Which unis can you recommend which are good for Accounting and Finance and will probably accept me for my BTECs and A Level in ICT?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I eagerly wait for your responses.
    Hi e49877,

I would strongly suggest calling the Admissions department of each university you have applied to to discuss this with them. Some options could be to either apply through Clearing or apply in the 2019 cycle. The Admissions teams from each uni will be able to talk through your options with you, so please don't delay in contacting them. Surrey's Admissions team can be reached via phone on +44(0)1483682222 or via email on [email protected]

All the best,
    Ashley

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.