Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Wondering if someone can help me. Dundee have said on the website that they will give £100 travel expenses to my applicant open day. My problem is they don't clarify any further and I need to book my flights tonight since there are only 2 seats left to Glasgow. Have any other Northern Irish students dealt with this or know if I would likely get funding covered? Many thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm also from N.I. and in the same situation. In one of the emails Dundee sent me, they said they'd send a follow-up email with details on how to claim it after I booked a spot for myself at the applicant visit day. Been 2 days since I booked my spot and I haven't got any email yet, hoping that it's gonna come soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSloan)
    I'm also from N.I. and in the same situation. In one of the emails Dundee sent me, they said they'd send a follow-up email with details on how to claim it after I booked a spot for myself at the applicant visit day. Been 2 days since I booked my spot and I haven't got any email yet, hoping that it's gonna come soon.
    I know, there were only a few seats left on the flight I wanted so I've gone ahead and booked my flights! Couldn't get the bus or train up to Dundee from the 7:00 flight from Belfast so I've used tesco vouchers to go the night before! All I want for my expenses is my flight, transfer and bus (£86) not worried about the hotel! What course have you applied for and have you already booked too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaboyd)
    I know, there were only a few seats left on the flight I wanted so I've gone ahead and booked my flights! Couldn't get the bus or train up to Dundee from the 7:00 flight from Belfast so I've used tesco vouchers to go the night before! All I want for my expenses is my flight, transfer and bus (£86) not worried about the hotel! What course have you applied for and have you already booked too?
    Been busy all of this weekend, so I haven't gotten round to actually booking any transport yet. I've just been looking around at different flights/ferries/coach journeys. The only thing I'm certain about as of now is that I'll be going the day before. Going to get it sorted tomorrow night when I'm free. Also, I'm going for Product Design. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Primary Education! I found that flybe had the cheapest flights then it's £6.50 return by megabus from Glasgow to Dundee which will get you up there for 10:20 for registration! Hope you get sorted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaboyd)
    Primary Education! I found that flybe had the cheapest flights then it's £6.50 return by megabus from Glasgow to Dundee which will get you up there for 10:20 for registration! Hope you get sorted!
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate that info. Same to you.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received their money yet? I filled out the expenses form on the applicant day on the 7th April and still haven’t received anything.

ReputationRep:
    I was only there yesterday sorry Chlodizzle! But for Strathclyde it took two weeks plus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlodizzle)
    Has anyone received their money yet? I filled out the expenses form on the applicant day on the 7th April and still haven’t received anything.
    I went to an applicant day on the 24th march and received my money on the 13th April. Hope this helps!

University open days

1. University of Dundee
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.