Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We all know the 4/5 well known religions that make up the majority of people's belief systems, but are we truly seeing the full picture when it comes to the concept of religion?

Think abou this:
    There are so many religions out there with so many branches coming off of each of them. The branches then split off in to smaller groups and so on. These divisions are the ones that are prominent and visible from the outside. However, there are millions, billions more.
    The truth is that each and every one of us has their own perception of life and religion. I knowfor a fact that not all (for example) Caltholic Christians believe every single rule, regulation and belief set down by the Catholic Church and what is meant to be seen as the right thing to believe.
    Personally, I don't understand the idea of people thinnking that their religion is more valid/superior than others since there will basically never be any way to proove it.
    In a way, we all rule our own religiions and this isn't a bad thing because we are allowed to evaluate the concepts taught to us from a young age and decide our own opinions, not just follow our parents'.
    In addition, I think that catogarising religions is also very frustrating. I offten find myself in strange situations where someone will ask me, "So are you a Christian or a Muslim or ....?" I just think, honestly, I have no idea anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asevval02)
    We all know the 4/5 well known religions that make up the majority of people's belief systems, but are we truly seeing the full picture when it comes to the concept of religion?

Think abou this:
    There are so many religions out there with so many branches coming off of each of them. The branches then split off in to smaller groups and so on. These divisions are the ones that are prominent and visible from the outside. However, there are millions, billions more.
    The truth is that each and every one of us has their own perception of life and religion. I knowfor a fact that not all (for example) Caltholic Christians believe every single rule, regulation and belief set down by the Catholic Church and what is meant to be seen as the right thing to believe.
    Personally, I don't understand the idea of people thinnking that their religion is more valid/superior than others since there will basically never be any way to proove it.
    In a way, we all rule our own religiions and this isn't a bad thing because we are allowed to evaluate the concepts taught to us from a young age and decide our own opinions, not just follow our parents'.
    In addition, I think that catogarising religions is also very frustrating. I offten find myself in strange situations where someone will ask me, "So are you a Christian or a Muslim or ....?" I just think, honestly, I have no idea anymore.
    Yeah I don’t believe in a god and even if one exists, it’s impossible to prove which religion is correct about their god. Furthermore, many religious people say that only one religion can be correct about a god if one exists, meaning that religious people are basically living their life in complete uncertainty, putting their trust in a god that might not exist, it’s impossible to know for sure!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.