Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, so as a bit of backstory, I live in a funny place where we have a middle school until year 8 and then go to secondary school, and the transition into year 9 hit me really hard. I don’t think I realised until now just how great year 7 & 8 were. I was in a great form tutor with a few really good friends and other less-close friends, and the stress was much less.

In our secondary school we move into 4 houses where you aren’t in the same class as anyone not in your house. One of my best friends moved to a boarding school and the other, who I was better friends with in the classroom than on the playground was put in a completely separate college. Not to mention I dont really have any friends in any of my classes even though I know them all. This best friend who wasn’t in any of my classes was extremely distant whenever we spoke and he often found an excuse to leave, now halfway into the year we don’t even smile in the corridor which has left me wondering what I did wrong? I often wonder about him and wish he was still my friend or that we were still in year 8.

At lunch time I sit with a group of people who are friends with this one person who I know outside of school but I wouldn’t really say we are friends. I’m constantly teased for things and I find myself getting really frustrated with lots of the people in my tutor class who seem to try to irritate me as much as they can, additionally I’m at the age where I really want to be popular and fit in but I don’t know how to. I know change is a part of life but sometimes, I just wonder how it got like this? Ofcourse there are some really nice people at school but nearly all of them seem to be in different classes. I also don’t think the fact that I’m quite intelligent helps my social standpoint

TLDR - don’t really fit in at school.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.