Turn on thread page Beta

International student wanting to study in the UK. watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello all!

    I am an Australian student looking to study over in the UK.
    I am unbelievably confused by all the visa requirements and I just really need some clear, simple clarification.

    Has anyone gone over to study, did you have to pay the tuition up front?
    Can you get help from HECS or a student loan before you go?

    Many thanks in advance!


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.