The Student Room Group

They say I'm not good enough and too late

I'm 28 almost completed a joint degree part time and

-I recently got a job as a junior programmer and have business on the side and make almost at least £5k a month all together.

-I took care of myself without a mother for all my life since she passed away when I was young

-I'm a very kind, compassionate, friendly, loyal, easygoing, sensible, Ambitious man who has hobbies and loves people

-I'm independent and responsible

Despite all these achievements and qualities they think I'm not good enough for anyone.

They also follow the crowd.

My uncles say it's going to be too hard for me and I can't get anyone I like because I stated my career at 28.

I'm earning more then my cousin
Who is 30 and is established and my cousins who stated their careers 3 years ago.

I'm already looking to buy a house.

They just make assumptions about me and don't think much of me.

Am I doomed?
You think you're better than them, you stated in which ways you're better than them, do you really need the assurance of some strangers on this site to comfort you?
Reply 2
I don't think I'm better than them.

I didn't say all of them bullied and abused for the last 5 years.

There was also a situation where a lady was interested in me and I found out later that 2 of my uncles lied to them
And said "I have flings with women".
Maybe you might want to disconnect from your uncles a bit if they're interfering with your life? Because that's what it sounds like. Just do you and if you want to meet new people, join clubs or some hobby groups. Try tinder and focus on yourself and your life.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think I'm better than them.

I didn't say all of them bullied and abused for the last 5 years.

There was also a situation where a lady was interested in me and I found out later that 2 of my uncles lied to them
And said "I have flings with women".

Lmao some uncles you have. Their jealousy runs deep huh. Welp, you can always try to show off to them, I mean, you did say that you are in a better position compared to your cousin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending