Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my French speaking exam on the 17th of April so I have just over one month left but my teacher is always off and I have not learnt absolutely anything. I am going to France at the beginning of April to hopefully help me but is one month enough to learn and what are useful revision tips I should use???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiexairey)
    I have my French speaking exam on the 17th of April so I have just over one month left but my teacher is always off and I have not learnt absolutely anything. I am going to France at the beginning of April to hopefully help me but is one month enough to learn and what are useful revision tips I should use???
    Use duolingo for pronunciation and use quizlet for vocab and writing and reading. For reading you could also change the language in your phone to french if you want. For listening try to listen to french songs and you could also try and translate the meaning and so you also learn vocab. Learn key question words e.g Qu'est que c'est ton favourite .......
    Use questions that you can adapt to different themes that will make your life easier. Also vocab is the key to everything like in listening they will use less common words for things like everyone know cependant but do they know pourtant.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I had a French exchange last year and it helped MASSIVELY with my French and to be honest it’s only deteriorated since then because of a pretty rubbish teacher. So when you go to France try your hardest to speak to French people, listen to and read the news a much as possible. Apart from that go through the suggested oral questions and make notes on what you’d answer. I wouldn’t recommend writing answers for every question because firstly that’s a hella lot of work, and you’re screwed if you blank in the exam. Also there’s no guarantee that you will have written answers for every single question that could come up. Good luck revising, one month is more than enough if you try hard. I have a week until my French speaking exam and I wish I started revising earlier.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    un mois ? c'est bien possible

Name:  bofierre2.gif
Views: 21
Size:  657 Bytes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    un mois ? c'est bien possible

Views: 21
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    Ok so I had a French exchange last year and it helped MASSIVELY with my French and to be honest it’s only deteriorated since then because of a pretty rubbish teacher. So when you go to France try your hardest to speak to French people, listen to and read the news a much as possible. Apart from that go through the suggested oral questions and make notes on what you’d answer. I wouldn’t recommend writing answers for every question because firstly that’s a hella lot of work, and you’re screwed if you blank in the exam. Also there’s no guarantee that you will have written answers for every single question that could come up. Good luck revising, one month is more than enough if you try hard. I have a week until my French speaking exam and I wish I started revising earlier.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartMemoryGirl!)
    Use duolingo for pronunciation and use quizlet for vocab and writing and reading. For reading you could also change the language in your phone to french if you want. For listening try to listen to french songs and you could also try and translate the meaning and so you also learn vocab. Learn key question words e.g Qu'est que c'est ton favourite .......
    Use questions that you can adapt to different themes that will make your life easier. Also vocab is the key to everything like in listening they will use less common words for things like everyone know cependant but do they know pourtant.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiexairey)
    Thank you
    pas de quoi

Views: 22

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.