What To Wear For Birthday Meal?

Watch
Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Its my birthday soon, in about a month so I'm thinking a bit early lol but I was just wondering what you would wear for a meal for your birthday. I never go out for meals so I have no idea what to wear, I don't want to look overdressed or underdressed! I suppose I'm looking for a 'safe' choice of outfit. I'm a size 10, 5 foot 3 and have big-ish boobs if that helps for outfit ideas. Thanks!
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Little black dress never goes wrong
Aquamarine.
Rep:
?
I do like little black dresses but would that maybe be a bit overdressed?
sarCAZm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Naaah, LBD, and maybe a cardie to amke it less dressy. silver shoes and jeweleryyy
gobsmacker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
a pretty dress will do fine. you could try florals instead of black.
Aquamarine.
Rep:
?
There some really pretty dresses in miss selfridge I've just seen on the website, theres some that are black with floral patterns on, I'll have to go shopping and try a few bits on.
ha3el
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For a meal, there's no chance I'd wear a dress (although i guess it depends on what type of restaurant you are going to), I'd just wear nice jeans and a trendy top. What kind of restaurant is it?
Aquamarine.
Rep:
?
I haven't decided where to go yet but somewhere nice but not too posh I think lol.
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I recommend visiting the River Island website: http://xml.riverisland.com/flash/content.php

Or visiting a store - it has absolutely every level of dressiness! (it is my Mecca)
alicejb
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
skirt and top...maybe with a jacket

black dress

depends on where its posh or just smart casual really.
Adarah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you can never go wrong with the little black dress and silver accessories as many have said. you can always wear that dress again and again too.
TurboShrimp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
warehouse have a really cute flippy black jersey dress with little roses on it
that would be the perfect smart and yet not too dressy look
it'd look lovely with black opaques and a little necklace
http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/produ...EVE-DRESS/6134
h82think
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A patterned wrap dress would look nice
prettyblueeyes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Either a little black dress - maybe something with a bit of detail to make it look a bit younger/less formal. Warehouse had a lovely black shift-style dress with sort of ruffles at the bottom and a thin ribbon/bow on the bust line. Looked gorgeous on my friend who is a similar shape to you - 5'4, size 10 with big boobs.

Or if you want to go less formal, then some smart dark jeans and a dressy halter top? Something like this maybe..http://www.asos.com/Sarah-Harding-Gi...Evening%20Tops with heels and cute jewellery.
Aquamarine.
Rep:
?
(Original post by prettyblueeyes)
Either a little black dress - maybe something with a bit of detail to make it look a bit younger/less formal. Warehouse had a lovely black shift-style dress with sort of ruffles at the bottom and a thin ribbon/bow on the bust line. Looked gorgeous on my friend who is a similar shape to you - 5'4, size 10 with big boobs.
I think I might of tried on that dress in warehouse! It was lovely on aswell but I'm still looking round. Asos had some really nice stuff too, forgot about that site, thanks.
Emilydaveyx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd suggest a midi length simple dress with nice earrings and a bold necklace or I'd suggest a midi skirt or a long skirt with a slit and a pretty crop top
mxcs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're planning on eating a lot, peplum dresses are brilliant. I have a black, slightly stretchy one from Miss Selfridge which is my ultimate going-out-to-dinner dress since the peplum hides everything and you still look amazing.
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Emilydaveyx)
I'd suggest a midi length simple dress with nice earrings and a bold necklace or I'd suggest a midi skirt or a long skirt with a slit and a pretty crop top
This thread is 5 years old...I think OP already had her birthday.
mgbhbk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that you should wear a purple puffy dress and black heels (jewellery earrings) p.s i would not wear a padded bra as you said your boobs are fairly big
mgbhbk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should wear a purple dress and black heels and a bit of jewellery (p.s you should not wear a padded bra as you said your boobs are fairly big
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (2)
20%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
40%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (4)
40%

Watched Threads