Turn on thread page Beta

Saudi Arabia and UK close to signing £2 billion Arms deal. What has May learnt? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7362071.html

With friends like these who needs enemies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    hmmmm but Iran/Persia has many times expressed a desire to exterminate the State of Israel.
    The Jews and Muslims hate one another. How is that relevant to Iran-UK relations?

If you claim that the Iranian regime is anti-Semitic, then why are there Iranian Jews, yet, to the best of my knowledge, not a single Saudi Jew?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    no they are not.They fund terrorism and the likes of Isis.How are they our friends? They are very much our enemies.
    they are among the least dodgy of the states in that part of the world.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    the Saudi regime are a bunch of slimeballs, but they are vastly preferable to the Iranians. as they say in the Levant "My enemy's enemy is my friend".
    Pray tell why a state that actively sponsors groups who stage attacks across the west is better than the crew in Tehran, who whilst rather unpleasant, have yet to go about setting off bombs on the tube, flying planes in to skyscrapers or really do anything outside their own back yard?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stalin)
    The Jews and Muslims hate one another. How is that relevant to Iran-UK relations?

If you claim that the Iranian regime is anti-Semitic, then why are there Iranian Jews, yet, to the best of my knowledge, not a single Saudi Jew?
    Doesnt Iran actually have the biggest Jewish population in the middle east outside of the land of Honey and ********?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Not anti-western. Pro-trade. Prefer US to Russia.
    They are the antithesis of the west, especially to all those who crow about democracy, equality, womens rights etc. etc.
    Pro oil trade and thats only because they sell the damn stuff.
    They're actually getting rather friendly with the Russians right now.

ReputationRep:
    they are among the least dodgy of the states in that part of the world.
    Really? They are amongst the only states to have the death penalty for juveniles.They behead gays, they fund terrorism and export the salafism that most terrorism is based upon.Women cannot move in public without a male relatives say so and they are involved in the brutal slaughter of Yemeni civilians.I'd hate to see what the other more dodgy states are like.The Saudis are Isis with money and oil.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can now confirm that the deal has been confirmed between government officials and Saudi officials. The UK has finally signed a £2 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia in what includes air typhoons and weapons.

Britain and Saudi Arabia have officially signed commercial deals worth more than $2 billion (1.44 billion pounds) in what was a joint statement
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1GL2OX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Doesnt Iran actually have the biggest Jewish population in the middle east outside of the land of Honey and ********?
    Turkey has the highest; Iran and Azerbaijan are tied for second.

ReputationRep:
    Might change under Corbyn but you never know. We didn't think Trump liked the Saudi's, but the way I see it is they are an ally because they are anti-Iran along with Israel.

ReputationRep:
    The West: sells billions of pounds of cutting-edge military equipment to Saudi Arabia every year (the world's largest importer of military equipment)
    Also the West: Iran can't have a missile programme to deter its regional enemies that have called for it to be attacked for decades, it's provocative!

:borat:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.