Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I have an offer for BA Illustration on the Woodlane Campus (Falmouth) and was just looking for some opinions on the closest ensuite accom (Kimberley & Tuke). I've read that Tuke has predominantly foundation years which puts me off a bit, but there's not much a selection for ensuite accom otherwise. Has anyone seen/lived in either of these two & what are your thoughts? I'm tempted by Glasney, but having to get the bus to get to the Woodlane campus really puts me off - I know it's only £1 each way, but it adds up you know?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently living at Tuke House and there are no foundation students ( I havent met any ). I've had the best time living at Tuke House but it's a little old and run down which is not really an issue, I've loved it! Kimberly House is huge and you'd be sharing a kitchen with 8 people so depends if you'd want that. Both are very close to the uni. I'veloved my experience at Tuke House so I would recommend it! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherstude)
    Hi, I'm currently living at Tuke House and there are no foundation students ( I havent met any ). I've had the best time living at Tuke House but it's a little old and run down which is not really an issue, I've loved it! Kimberly House is huge and you'd be sharing a kitchen with 8 people so depends if you'd want that. Both are very close to the uni. I'veloved my experience at Tuke House so I would recommend it! Hope that helps
    Oh really? That's great! I ruled out Tuke because I was worried it'd be predominantly foundation students (I'm 20 so I don't want to feel too old lol), but I might apply for it then, thanks for replying!

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently living at kimberly - i have one of the smallest rooms there, but it's still miles ahead of tuke in terms of facilities (free washing machines, two ovens and sinks per kitchen, and i have a double bed, compared to the single beds in tuke). kimberly's the smallest accomodation the uni offers - only 24 people at max - but it means we all know each other and i've got a good friendship group who i'm moving in with next year. there's also no foundation students at tuke as the foundation course has been suspended since 2017, so don't worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclestick)
    i'm currently living at kimberly - i have one of the smallest rooms there, but it's still miles ahead of tuke in terms of facilities (free washing machines, two ovens and sinks per kitchen, and i have a double bed, compared to the single beds in tuke). kimberly's the smallest accomodation the uni offers - only 24 people at max - but it means we all know each other and i've got a good friendship group who i'm moving in with next year. there's also no foundation students at tuke as the foundation course has been suspended since 2017, so don't worry about that.
    That's great to hear - thanks for replying. I put Kimberley as my first preference so really hoping I get an offer for it!

University open days

1. Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. Falmouth University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Falmouth University
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.