Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no time to even worry about chemistry when biology is the one im flopping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharri.coco)
    freescience loses my attention QUICKLY, but if it works for you then use it. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS ANSWERING 4 MARKERS because ill only answer the equivalant of 2/3 marks and thats where its going wrong for me
    Same, i'm going to do the specimen paper 1 now lol pray i get above 50 this ti

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    no time to even worry about chemistry when biology is the one im flopping
    Nah paper 2 biology is looking NICE OMG, homeostasis, inheritance and ecology yh, LOVELY STUFF paper 1 got me messed up though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkthename)
    Same, i'm going to do the specimen paper 1 now lol pray i get above 50 this ti
    where are you guys getting your specimen paper from, I cant find any 9-1 papers at all

ReputationRep:
    Nah paper 2 biology is looking NICE OMG, homeostasis, inheritance and ecology yh, LOVELY STUFF paper 1 got me messed up though
    yeah it's looking nice if I actually finish the spec, loool we're like halfway through b6 so pray for me pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    yeah it's looking nice if I actually finish the spec, loool we're like halfway through b6 so pray for me pls
    we literally just got to b7, you can do b6 on your own just read the textbook!

ReputationRep:
    where are you guys getting your specimen paper from, I cant find any 9-1 papers at all
    Search aqa specimen gcse then whatever science

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSE's last year and I got A* in chemistry, even though the grading system is different I'm sure you could use a few of the same techniques. I found it quite useful to make notes based off the spec or when I wasn't bothered I made notes while watching videos on YouTube from freesciencelessons or primrose kitten. Also, QUESTIONS. Do loads and loads and loads of past paper questions because even if you won't get the same type of questions, the questions will be based on manipulating the knowledge, so the more questions you do, the more familiar you become with the actual information and it becomes easier to manipulate that information in the exam.

Hope this helps xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sowmiyaaravin)
    I did my GCSE's last year and I got A* in chemistry, even though the grading system is different I'm sure you could use a few of the same techniques. I found it quite useful to make notes based off the spec or when I wasn't bothered I made notes while watching videos on YouTube from freesciencelessons or primrose kitten. Also, QUESTIONS. Do loads and loads and loads of past paper questions because even if you won't get the same type of questions, the questions will be based on manipulating the knowledge, so the more questions you do, the more familiar you become with the actual information and it becomes easier to manipulate that information in the exam.

Hope this helps xx
    thank you very much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    On paper 1 i got 55/100, paper 2 I got 37/100 but did not revise at all for the second paper. I'm targetted 8's and honestly dont know what to do either
    Do you roughly know for a grade 4 out of 100 would be?????? Really need to pass science for psychology a level god I hate it

ReputationRep:
    Hey you know for your chemistry 42/100 do you know roughly what grade this got you???

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a 5 if I'm lucky, maybe 6 idk
    (Original post by Aleshadavis2611)
    Hey you know for your chemistry 42/100 do you know roughly what grade this got you???

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a 5 if I'm lucky, maybe 6 idk
    Oh wow!! That is still very good then??? Because we’re the first year doing the 9-1 plus we have no isa so I think grade boundaries will be very low! Physics is just gonna make my grade drop😂😂 just do lots of past papers and get the jizz of the questions x

ReputationRep:
    tbh im praying grade boundaries are as low as last years http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...Y-JUN-2017.PDF

ReputationRep:
    Freesciencelessons is the GOAT. Print off his flashcards, they were world class for me last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    tbh im praying grade boundaries are as low as last years http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...Y-JUN-2017.PDF
    are these the grade boundaries??? nah now if those are from last year then this years Grade 9 is probably averaging around 56- 69 honestly

ReputationRep:
    are these the grade boundaries??? nah now if those are from last year then this years Grade 9 is probably averaging around 56- 69 honestly
    Let’s hope so
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    Let’s hope so
    It'll be less, I'm guessing, how's revision going?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be less, I'm guessing, how's revision going?
    I honestly don’t know, I’m revising but I don’t know if any of it is going in my head and if it’ll be good enough to get high grades 🤕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxhxl)
    I honestly don’t know, I’m revising but I don’t know if any of it is going in my head and if it’ll be good enough to get high grades 🤕
    exam practice honestly key! do it and you'll be flying, I'm getting 70/100 now, it's working!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.