The Student Room Group

Chemistry Help! I got 42/100 on the second paper (organic chem, rates ect)

Scroll to see replies

no time to even worry about chemistry when biology is the one im flopping
Original post by sharri.coco
freescience loses my attention QUICKLY, but if it works for you then use it. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS ANSWERING 4 MARKERS because ill only answer the equivalant of 2/3 marks and thats where its going wrong for me

Same, i'm going to do the specimen paper 1 now lol pray i get above 50 this ti
Original post by sxhxl
no time to even worry about chemistry when biology is the one im flopping

Nah paper 2 biology is looking NICE OMG, homeostasis, inheritance and ecology yh, LOVELY STUFF paper 1 got me messed up though
Original post by idkthename
Same, i'm going to do the specimen paper 1 now lol pray i get above 50 this ti

where are you guys getting your specimen paper from, I cant find any 9-1 papers at all
Nah paper 2 biology is looking NICE OMG, homeostasis, inheritance and ecology yh, LOVELY STUFF paper 1 got me messed up though

yeah it's looking nice if I actually finish the spec, loool we're like halfway through b6 so pray for me pls
Original post by sxhxl
yeah it's looking nice if I actually finish the spec, loool we're like halfway through b6 so pray for me pls

we literally just got to b7, you can do b6 on your own just read the textbook!
where are you guys getting your specimen paper from, I cant find any 9-1 papers at all

Search aqa specimen gcse then whatever science
I did my GCSE's last year and I got A* in chemistry, even though the grading system is different I'm sure you could use a few of the same techniques. I found it quite useful to make notes based off the spec or when I wasn't bothered I made notes while watching videos on YouTube from freesciencelessons or primrose kitten. Also, QUESTIONS. Do loads and loads and loads of past paper questions because even if you won't get the same type of questions, the questions will be based on manipulating the knowledge, so the more questions you do, the more familiar you become with the actual information and it becomes easier to manipulate that information in the exam.

Hope this helps xx
Original post by sowmiyaaravin
I did my GCSE's last year and I got A* in chemistry, even though the grading system is different I'm sure you could use a few of the same techniques. I found it quite useful to make notes based off the spec or when I wasn't bothered I made notes while watching videos on YouTube from freesciencelessons or primrose kitten. Also, QUESTIONS. Do loads and loads and loads of past paper questions because even if you won't get the same type of questions, the questions will be based on manipulating the knowledge, so the more questions you do, the more familiar you become with the actual information and it becomes easier to manipulate that information in the exam.

Hope this helps xx

thank you very much x
Original post by sxhxl
On paper 1 i got 55/100, paper 2 I got 37/100 but did not revise at all for the second paper. I'm targetted 8's and honestly dont know what to do either

Do you roughly know for a grade 4 out of 100 would be?????? Really need to pass science for psychology a level god I hate it

Hey you know for your chemistry 42/100 do you know roughly what grade this got you???
I think it would be a 5 if I'm lucky, maybe 6 idk
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
Hey you know for your chemistry 42/100 do you know roughly what grade this got you???
I think it would be a 5 if I'm lucky, maybe 6 idk

Oh wow!! That is still very good then??? Because we’re the first year doing the 9-1 plus we have no isa so I think grade boundaries will be very low! Physics is just gonna make my grade drop😂😂 just do lots of past papers and get the jizz of the questions x
tbh im praying grade boundaries are as low as last years http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF
Freesciencelessons is the GOAT. Print off his flashcards, they were world class for me last year.
Original post by sxhxl
tbh im praying grade boundaries are as low as last years http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF

are these the grade boundaries??? nah now if those are from last year then this years Grade 9 is probably averaging around 56- 69 honestly
are these the grade boundaries??? nah now if those are from last year then this years Grade 9 is probably averaging around 56- 69 honestly

Let’s hope so
Original post by sxhxl
Let’s hope so

It'll be less, I'm guessing, how's revision going?
It'll be less, I'm guessing, how's revision going?

I honestly don’t know, I’m revising but I don’t know if any of it is going in my head and if it’ll be good enough to get high grades 🤕
Original post by sxhxl
I honestly don’t know, I’m revising but I don’t know if any of it is going in my head and if it’ll be good enough to get high grades 🤕

exam practice honestly key! do it and you'll be flying, I'm getting 70/100 now, it's working!

Quick Reply

Latest