Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started university in September
    i applied for student finance England but needed to fill out the five year residency form , i sent in all my documents and proof however my application was unsuccessful as i did not have enough proof so i applied for EU student finance and got accepted

now i have my residency card from home offfice and going to change to UK student finance will they back date my maintance loan ????
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Gabby skkrr)
    I started university in September
    i applied for student finance England but needed to fill out the five year residency form , i sent in all my documents and proof however my application was unsuccessful as i did not have enough proof so i applied for EU student finance and got accepted

now i have my residency card from home offfice and going to change to UK student finance will they back date my maintance loan ????

Hi Gabby,

What is your Home Office status in the UK and when was it granted ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hello

i now currently hold a residency card wich was approved on the 26 february 2018

ReputationRep:
    basically, im a uk resident i have the right to work study etc.

ReputationRep:
    so i want to change from EU student to Uk student as i was entitled to it but just didn't have the evidence.
    and wanted to know if they will reimburse me as im on my second semester ??

thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    so i want to change from EU student to Uk student as i was entitled to it but just didn't have the evidence.
    and wanted to know if they will reimburse me as im on my second semester ??

thank you
    Hi Gabby,

You need to meet the residency requirements before the first day of the academic year of your course.

You would still require to have had either settled status before then or provide sufficient residency evidence.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    hello
    yes i have a letter from home offfice stating thaat i had residency status from 29 june 2014 wich is proof and obviosuly before my start date
    would that be enough ??

and so i can change from eu to Uk student even doe i might not get back dated ???

thanks for your help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    hello
    yes i have a letter from home offfice stating thaat i had residency status from 29 june 2014 wich is proof and obviosuly before my start date
    would that be enough ??

and so i can change from eu to Uk student even doe i might not get back dated ???

thanks for your help
    Hi Gabby,

You should print off a pn1 application form and send it in with your original residency card and cover letter/ customer reference number asking for the application to be reviewed by an assessor.

As you are sending an original document, I advise send it by secure post.

We have no access to individual accounts on The Student Room to check if we already have your original application form.

If you contact us on Twitter or Facebook we can look into this further for you.

Thank you Rona

ReputationRep:
    okay thankyou for your help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.