The Student Room Group

Gcse astronomy 2018

Hello,
is anyone taking the gcse astronomy exam this year. If so, how are you doing and what coursework are you doing?
Many regards
Bilbo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also where are you taking the exam?
Reply 2
Anyone got any exam papers?
Reply 3
ANYONE?
Reply 4
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Reply 6
Anyone done it ?
Reply 7
Im doing the exam, but i've hardly done any revision... for coursework i'm doing shadow stick experiment for unaided, and lunar drawings for unaided. the weather has been so bad i've only been able to do 1 of 2 shadow stick observations and none of the lunar drawings :O. i probably won't finish it oh well. what are you doing?
Reply 8
Original post by jkfdnas
Im doing the exam, but i've hardly done any revision... for coursework i'm doing shadow stick experiment for unaided, and lunar drawings for unaided. the weather has been so bad i've only been able to do 1 of 2 shadow stick observations and none of the lunar drawings :O. i probably won't finish it oh well. what are you doing?

Hello i'm doing exactly the same coursework! I've Completed it and am currently doing write-up for it. I've completed all of the observations , now I'm focusing on the exam. I want to get at least over 90%. And also over 35/40 for my coursework Would love top 12 in country as you get a certificate from the royal astronomical society ! Not that many seem to be taking the exam.

P.s you need at least 3 lunar observations and about 3 shadow sticks dates over the course of a couple of months
Reply 9
Original post by MAXW303
Hello i'm doing exactly the same coursework! I've Completed it and am currently doing write-up for it. I've completed all of the observations , now I'm focusing on the exam. I want to get at least over 90%. And also over 35/40 for my coursework Would love top 12 in country as you get a certificate from the royal astronomical society ! Not that many seem to be taking the exam.

P.s you need at least 3 lunar observations and about 3 shadow sticks dates over the course of a couple of months

I've done the second shadow stick observation today, my teacher said two was fine. As for the lunar observations, i have no idea what to do it's been cloudy every single night, and now the moon is on the wrong phase that i need..................... any advice?
I didn't even know GCSE Astronomy was a thing... :holmes:
I've just handed my coursework in today but I did A6 shadow stick and B11 photos of messier objects
Reply 12
Original post by goldstar9
I've just handed my coursework in today but I did A6 shadow stick and B11 photos of messier objects

Hi , nice topics to choose. I hope it all goes well.
Original post by MAXW303
Hello,
is anyone taking the gcse astronomy exam this year. If so, how are you doing and what coursework are you doing?
Many regards
Bilbo

GCSE Astronomy? Never knew that was a thing, ooo good luck 👍🏻
I’m doing ping the exact same thing thing you and have done the exact same thing
There's a GCSE in ASTRONOMY?!?!?! God, I wish my school offered it. It sounds cool.
Reply 16
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
There's a GCSE in ASTRONOMY?!?!?! God, I wish my school offered it. It sounds cool.

It is
Reply 17
Hello,
anyone else taking the exam on the 6th of June?
Reply 18
Original post by MAXW303
Hello,
anyone else taking the exam on the 6th of June?

Me🙋*♀️, i didnt do great on my coursework so i need to make up for it, i really want to get an A i would be disappointed with a B but good luck im sure u will get top 12! I have been doing loads of flashcards and past papers just make sure u r harsh on yourself when marking them if you’re aiming to get an A* in the test (like me) u wanna be getting in the 100s so that in the exam u can make an allowance for small mistakes under pressure
Reply 19
Original post by Soybob
Me🙋*♀️, i didnt do great on my coursework so i need to make up for it, i really want to get an A i would be disappointed with a B but good luck im sure u will get top 12! I have been doing loads of flashcards and past papers just make sure u r harsh on yourself when marking them if you’re aiming to get an A* in the test (like me) u wanna be getting in the 100s so that in the exam u can make an allowance for small mistakes under pressure

Hi, yeh sure. Hope some good hubble constant, inverse square law with magnitudes will come up

Quick Reply

Latest