MAXW303
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
is anyone taking the gcse astronomy exam this year. If so, how are you doing and what coursework are you doing?
Many regards
Bilbo
MAXW303
Rep:
?
Also where are you taking the exam?
MAXW303
Rep:
?
Anyone got any exam papers?
MAXW303
Rep:
?
ANYONE?
Summer37
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I'm not taking the exam this year but I did do it last year. I got past papers from: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...on-Family=GCSE as well as http://www.yusufahmed.com/gcse-astro...e-past-papers/.
MAXW303
Rep:
?
(Original post by Summer37)
Hey, I'm not taking the exam this year but I did do it last year. I got past papers from: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...on-Family=GCSE as well as http://www.yusufahmed.com/gcse-astro...e-past-papers/.
Thankyou very much!
MAXW303
Rep:
?
Anyone done it ?
jkfdnas
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im doing the exam, but i've hardly done any revision... for coursework i'm doing shadow stick experiment for unaided, and lunar drawings for unaided. the weather has been so bad i've only been able to do 1 of 2 shadow stick observations and none of the lunar drawings :O. i probably won't finish it oh well. what are you doing?
MAXW303
Rep:
?
(Original post by jkfdnas)
Im doing the exam, but i've hardly done any revision... for coursework i'm doing shadow stick experiment for unaided, and lunar drawings for unaided. the weather has been so bad i've only been able to do 1 of 2 shadow stick observations and none of the lunar drawings :O. i probably won't finish it oh well. what are you doing?
Hello i'm doing exactly the same coursework! I've Completed it and am currently doing write-up for it. I've completed all of the observations , now I'm focusing on the exam. I want to get at least over 90%. And also over 35/40 for my coursework Would love top 12 in country as you get a certificate from the royal astronomical society ! Not that many seem to be taking the exam.

P.s you need at least 3 lunar observations and about 3 shadow sticks dates over the course of a couple of months
jkfdnas
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MAXW303)
Hello i'm doing exactly the same coursework! I've Completed it and am currently doing write-up for it. I've completed all of the observations , now I'm focusing on the exam. I want to get at least over 90%. And also over 35/40 for my coursework Would love top 12 in country as you get a certificate from the royal astronomical society ! Not that many seem to be taking the exam.

P.s you need at least 3 lunar observations and about 3 shadow sticks dates over the course of a couple of months
I've done the second shadow stick observation today, my teacher said two was fine. As for the lunar observations, i have no idea what to do it's been cloudy every single night, and now the moon is on the wrong phase that i need..................... any advice?
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't even know GCSE Astronomy was a thing... :holmes:
goldstar9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've just handed my coursework in today but I did A6 shadow stick and B11 photos of messier objects
MAXW303
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldstar9)
I've just handed my coursework in today but I did A6 shadow stick and B11 photos of messier objects
Hi , nice topics to choose. I hope it all goes well.
lydiarutharnold
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
is anyone taking the gcse astronomy exam this year. If so, how are you doing and what coursework are you doing?
Many regards
Bilbo
GCSE Astronomy? Never knew that was a thing, ooo good luck 👍🏻
ShannonGrant01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m doing ping the exact same thing thing you and have done the exact same thing
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's a GCSE in ASTRONOMY?!?!?! God, I wish my school offered it. It sounds cool.
MAXW303
Rep:
?
(Original post by HowToBeABlobfish)
There's a GCSE in ASTRONOMY?!?!?! God, I wish my school offered it. It sounds cool.
It is
MAXW303
Rep:
?
Hello,
anyone else taking the exam on the 6th of June?
Soybob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
anyone else taking the exam on the 6th of June?
Me🙋*♀️, i didnt do great on my coursework so i need to make up for it, i really want to get an A i would be disappointed with a B but good luck im sure u will get top 12! I have been doing loads of flashcards and past papers just make sure u r harsh on yourself when marking them if you’re aiming to get an A* in the test (like me) u wanna be getting in the 100s so that in the exam u can make an allowance for small mistakes under pressure
MAXW303
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soybob)
Me🙋*♀️, i didnt do great on my coursework so i need to make up for it, i really want to get an A i would be disappointed with a B but good luck im sure u will get top 12! I have been doing loads of flashcards and past papers just make sure u r harsh on yourself when marking them if you’re aiming to get an A* in the test (like me) u wanna be getting in the 100s so that in the exam u can make an allowance for small mistakes under pressure
Hi, yeh sure. Hope some good hubble constant, inverse square law with magnitudes will come up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed