A Level Spanish Revision Watch

Edwardh2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

I'm trying to make a revision timetable in preparation for my A Level Spanish speaking, writing and listening, reading and writing exams (AQA). Does anyone have any advice on how to revise for these 3 exams? Especially the writing one.

Thanks
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
For speaking practice your IRP, make sure the pronunciation is as good as possible, accent doesn't matter much, no errors please. Make someone check it, feel free to ask me if you need help, I am a native Spanish. For the cards, make sure you know topic specific vocabulary you can use, practice question that might be in the book or past papers, write them down, it will also help with writing.
For the writing, make sure you know several quotes as that makes the essay better, organised essay (intro, body paragraphs(point, explanation, evidence) and conclusion).. Practice as many essays as possible and read online, there must be articles, summaries, interesting points about the film or book you are reading.
For reading, you need specific skills e.g. scanning, skimming, finding synonyms. There are very good ways of finding synonyms and these questions always come up, make sure you are good at that. Finally, translation requires topic specific vocabulary and sometimes they give you a text make sure you know how to use it. Again, the key is to practice, ask for help, practice...
Feel free to contact me if needed
Edwardh2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Hammad(214508))
For speaking practice your IRP, make sure the pronunciation is as good as possible, accent doesn't matter much, no errors please. Make someone check it, feel free to ask me if you need help, I am a native Spanish. For the cards, make sure you know topic specific vocabulary you can use, practice question that might be in the book or past papers, write them down, it will also help with writing.
For the writing, make sure you know several quotes as that makes the essay better, organised essay (intro, body paragraphs(point, explanation, evidence) and conclusion).. Practice as many essays as possible and read online, there must be articles, summaries, interesting points about the film or book you are reading.
For reading, you need specific skills e.g. scanning, skimming, finding synonyms. There are very good ways of finding synonyms and these questions always come up, make sure you are good at that. Finally, translation requires topic specific vocabulary and sometimes they give you a text make sure you know how to use it. Again, the key is to practice, ask for help, practice...
Feel free to contact me if needed
Thanks very much. That's helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads